By Antonela Pounder @AnimatedAnt (Community Manager – 505 Games)
Portal Knights! Play together on different islands NOW in Update v 1.1.3 for Steam.
We know this is a hugely popular community request and the team have been working incredibly hard to make it happen. Be sure to download now and let us know your thoughts across our social channels. We’d love to hear from you guys!
1.1.3 – Content Notes
• PODI is activated for the public now. The “Players on different Islands” (PODI) feature allows players in a multiplayer session or in a local split-screen session to visit islands individually. The feature can be toggled on and off in the session configuration menu. This menu can be accessed via the cog-wheel button on the character cards in the character selection menu.
◦ For the host player of a PODI session the technical requirements increase for RAM usage and upload bandwidth.
◦ There can be short lags during gameplay when co-players switch islands. This is a known issue and it will be further worked on for future builds.
◦ Some sounds like the island ambient sound behave incorrectly when playing PODI in local split screen. This is still being worked on.
◦ Some of the “Join”/”Leave” messages don’t show the correct content in all situations. This is being worked on.
• Fixed: event quest display does not show up after playing an event twice
• Fixed: Some major issues which occurred when retriggering the C’Thiris event
• Fixed: backpack freezes when opening the inventory directly after porting to a new island
• Fixed: Events won’t be triggered anymore in universes which have been played with a manipulated local time.
• Fixed: other players don’t play their beam out animation when they are traveling to a new island
• Fixed: Invisible HUD after traveling to a new island in rare situations
• Fixed: an endless loading screen which occurred in rare situations when loading an event island
• Fixed: The recipes for blue doors and windows made out of blue concrete blocks have been fixed.
• Fixed: a rare crash that can occur for PODI when used in local split screen when one player is traveling to a new island while another player has opened his worldmap.