Our biggest console update is available now on PS4, XBOX ONE & Nintendo Switch

Split screen help

Home Forums Nintendo Switch Discussions Split screen help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Shrimpo6 May 12, 2019 at 11:35 am.

• Author
    Jeff0905
    Participant

Hello. I apologize if this has already been asked but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I just bought portal knights Via digital download on my switch. My son was Really excited for two player split screen mode, but we cant seem to get it working. Whenever we go to “local” and it says to add another player by pressing “+” we get an error message saying that there are no other users permitted to play the game. It seems to be suggesting that I have to buy the game separately for another “profile” on my switch but it seems silly that a game that advertises itself as split green multiplayer would require this. Not only that but I’d have to make up a separate Nintendo account for another profile because I’m the only account holder in my home.

Ive seen on some threads that controllers are the issue so I should state that I’m using dual joycons for one controller and a wired pro controller for the second.

Shrimpo6
    Participant

Instead of going to local on the main menu, you need to go to single player and then you press start on the second controller. Sorry for the late response. Hopefully this helps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

Accept this cookie Find out more