Our biggest console update is available now on PS4, XBOX ONE & Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Switch Physical version questions!

Home Forums Nintendo Switch Discussions Nintendo Switch Physical version questions!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar ChampionOfHyrule May 30, 2018 at 10:15 pm.

• Author
    Zuljaras
    Participant

Hello,

I really want to buy the physical version for the Switch but I have some serious issues that I want to discuss:
    1. What is the base version of the game for the physical copy?
    2. Does it contain the famous memory leak issue that corrupts the whole game?

I am asking because I want to know if the game is FULLY playable if I do not update it at ALL and only play it from the cartridge.

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Zuljaras
    Participant

Anyone?

ChampionOfHyrule
    Participant

Hey Zuljaras,

Unfortunately, I cannot answer your first question because I do not understand it. What do you mean by base game? If you mean the required download size for the physical edition, there is no download required — it is all on the cartridge. However, they recently updated the game with the Adventure Pack (or something similar), which added a variety of things, so you would be missing out on a lot if you do not update your game (the download is pretty small).

As for the second question, I have owned the game since launch day and played it extensively in local/split-screen co-op, and never experienced the memory leak issue myself. Even when I began playing on my own, I still did not experience the issue. However, I have not played online multiplayer of any sort, so maybe this was causing the issue — I cannot say for certain. There was also an update a while back that mentioned some fixes, so maybe that fixed the issue? I hope this helped.

Zuljaras
      Participant

Hey Zuljaras,

Unfortunately, I cannot answer your first question because I do not understand it. What do you mean by base game? If you mean the required download size for the physical edition, there is no download required ā€” it is all on the cartridge. However, they recently updated the game with the Adventure Pack (or something similar), which added a variety of things, so you would be missing out on a lot if you do not update your game (the download is pretty small).

As for the second question, I have owned the game since launch day and played it extensively in local/split-screen co-op, and never experienced the memory leak issue myself. Even when I began playing on my own, I still did not experience the issue. However, I have not played online multiplayer of any sort, so maybe this was causing the issue ā€” I cannot say for certain. There was also an update a while back that mentioned some fixes, so maybe that fixed the issue? I hope this helped.

Thanks for the clarifications!

By base game I mean the version of the game that is on the cartridge. I just wanted to know if the game is FULLY playable from the cartridge without updating it at all. I want to know if the game has any game breaking bugs if I do NOT update it and play it only from the cartridge.

I know about the recent updates and they are looking interesting.

My issue is with physical media nowadays that developers put the game on the cartridge with some nasty bugs and update it later. I want stable version on the cartridge and the updates to be only nice additions and not game breaking bugs that should be only in alpha/beta builds.

ChampionOfHyrule
    Participant

Hey Zuljaras,

No problem. Again, I personally never experienced the memory leak issue or any sort of game breaking bugs; however, some people did. Maybe I was just lucky? Who knows… I started playing again recently, and have had no issues so far other than some slow down (only when playing in handheld mode), but this was fixed when I changed some of the display/graphics settings.

I understand what you mean about developers releasing unfinished products and then patching it (Bethesda, Ubisoft, and others come to mind); however, with this game I never felt like I was playing a beta build when I bought it. If you still have doubts, you should check out the demo on the eShop. From what I heard, that build is the most up to date version, so it will give you an idea of what to expect. The updates for this game always felt like they were adding to the game, not finishing things up. Hope this helped.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

Accept this cookie Find out more