Multiplayer Questions

Home Forums Steam Discussions Multiplayer Questions

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by PK_CM505 PK_CM505 April 25, 2016 at 10:29 am.

• Author
    grepster
    Participant

A few questions regarding the way multiplayer will work:

1) When you join a friend do you bring your local character and it’s inventory to your friend’s game?
    2) When people are visiting your game are they able to destroy your buildings?
    3) Will the hosting player be able to kick a player?
    4) Do you have to invite people to your game or if they are your Steam Friends can they join on their own?

Frost
    Participant

1) If you mean information from another server. Then no. It would be bit op to start up in a first level word in.
    2) If you invite them to your session.
    3) Most likely since you can host the server.
    4)I believe you have to invite.

This is some of my knowledge and opinion on it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[Information]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Frostiverse
    Steam: Frostiverse

metaspy
    Participant

The real answers are “we don’t know” because we haven’t been able to play it yet.
    Honestly , i can picture handling this like Terraria does. If you have items on you, you carry them to the new server

Frost
    Participant

Not really. WE already have some answers due to some videos.
    It is only the 2nd and 3rd question that we are unsure of.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[Information]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Frostiverse
    Steam: Frostiverse

grepster
    Participant

I figured they would handle it like most of the current voxel sandbox have been, your character and the stuff on it goes with you. I can’t imagine having to have different characters on each friends game. That would make multiplayer pointless.

Sir_IZBAK_1st
      Participant

I can’t imagine having to have different characters on each friends game. That would make multiplayer pointless.

Err… what?
      I really need explanations on this point. What’s the point of a multiplayer session, for you?

Spirit is All in Nothing.

metaspy
    Participant

I have yet to see any video show that jumping to different servers makes you lose gear. I haven’t seen any players so far even jump to multiple servers.

Malorak
    Participant

Guy who played here, AMA.

Also, it’s simple. Your character is saved locally to you (either in some sort of cloud or your local drive). You choose a character you want to play and either host a server yourself privately, with friends or via LAN, or you join someone in your network or a friend of yours online on Steam.

You can also just use the steam interface and invite/join people. It’s great and works very well, few problems encountered so far.

Artas
    Participant

hello, sorry to bump the old thread.

some question, assuming u have a friend hosting and u choose your lv14 char to join his session, i assume items in your bag would also be brought together to his world? what happens if your bag is full and you wish to harvest some ore/gems? do i need to go back to my(?) world and clear my bag and join back my friends game? (i’m thinking that if the house that i built won’t cross-over(?) not sure how these small mechanism works)

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

Hi, don’t apologise, it’s a great question! Items you have in your bag will be brought into the session. If you want to take items back you’ll need to go back to your world, empty your bag and then rejoin, yes!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

Accept this cookie Find out more