Our biggest console update is available now on PS4, XBOX ONE & Nintendo Switch

Memory Issue – Nintendo Switch

Home Forums Nintendo Switch Discussions Memory Issue – Nintendo Switch

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar truthinshapes January 20, 2018 at 9:39 am.

• Author
    PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

Hi everyone! We are aware of a memory issue on the Nintendo Switch edition of Portal Knights. Our team of developers have identified the issue and are working hard on a fix as we speak! We’ll keep you up to date with the latest info as and when we receive it.

PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

UPDATE – We have gone into QA with a potential fix! All being well, if this fix resolves the issue, then we will then head into submission.

Portal Josha
      Participant

So… nearly a month later, people are still experiencing the same issues. Are you EVER going to address this problem, or update us on how the fixes are coming along?

jbrouillard
    Participant

How’s the fix going?

SageRaziel
    Participant

I’m glad to hear a fix is on the way. I played about seven hours with my friends, and then, our world was randomly reset. =/

I’m impressed with how swiftly you guys have responded to this bug! Do you have any general time range when the fix may go live? I mean, you likely won’t know the exact day and time, but will it be in the next few days? Weeks? Months? I’m dying to get back into some multiplayer fun. 😀

Adventurer
    Participant

It appears that if you set the world size to small, the world is not reset on split screen – at least seemsto work for me for a while. You can try this as a temporary solution until the fix is ready.

As for the fix itself – I was a software tester, it is not that simple – the game needs to be fully tested for resolution of the problem, and often, fixing one problem causes another, which needs to be fixed and game retested again. No one really can announce the date until it is completely fixed. As for me – it is enough to know they are working on the fix.

Muitonervosa
    Participant

Seens will not be fixed soon o will ask refund. Im very dissapointed.

Raginher
    Participant

Hello, i hope my english is good enough. I played Portal Knights for many hours only in Singleplayer Mode and i have the same Problem with the homworld reset as the others in multiplayer. I think the Problem don’t lay in the game mode. It feels more like a big basical error. It feels very comfortable if you don’t Need to save your game but i admit you to add a function were we can save the game manualy and for sure. The building Part is the main part of the game. The Story is nice but not more. As long as the building part or my own Progress is not save, the game is not playable. i hope you will fix it soon. Maybe as a x-mas present. But don’t let us wait till eastern.
    I wish you a good Hand for the Fixing.
    Raginher

richardjohnson
      Participant

I agree with Raginher that the game mode is not the issue. I played for a couple hours in single player mode and Dusty junction randomly changed and all my items and buildings were lost. Hope a fix is coming soon.

truthinshapes
    Participant

This memory fix has taken way too long to solve and it is unacceptable. Patches have been realeased with no fix to this issue. This game should have been tested thoroughly before it was realeased on the switch. I just called Nintendo today and was able to get a refund. I highly surest all you Switch users to do the same. I had high hopes for this game, bought it on realease day and have waited patiently for a fix since. Waiting almost two months for this fix is deplorable. Will not ever purchase a game from 505 Games again. We were very excited for this and are beyond disappointed.

Portal Josha
    Participant

Has this issue been resolved yet, or are we still playing a broken game?

truthinshapes
    Participant

Still broken Joshua and i do not see them caring enough to fix. They’ve released on other consoles and mobile since, and have had patches which do not address this issue. Beyond disrespectful for everyone who perchased.

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

Hi – This is simply not true. We do care and we are curious to find out what’s going on here. The team are aware of your issue.

truthinshapes
      Participant

Yes it is true because it’s still not fixed. Read other comments.

truthinshapes
      Participant

Doesn’t matter got a refund thanks anyway lol

Muitonervosa
    Participant

So disrespectful…im beyond words with this company and their developers. One month and not a single word from them…but i will remeber this next time u guys release another game. I WONT Forget.

Muitonervosa
    Participant

PK_CM505 The problem is still there even after the patch 1.2.2 please tell the developers and ask a fix if possible. I would like to play coop splitscreen. But with this major problem is not possible.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

Accept this cookie Find out more