Gameplay and Co-Op Suggestions

Home Forums Steam Discussions Gameplay and Co-Op Suggestions

This topic contains 194 replies, has 138 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Antagonis March 8, 2018 at 12:13 am.

• Author
    PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

Giving the community early access to Portal Knights is key to the future development of the title and of course, we want to hear your thoughts! However… Before you post your ideas into this ‘wish list’ forum, think about it long and hard about it…

DO…
    1. Tell us your ideas but give us as much detail as possible.
    2. Explain to us how it will benefit Portal Knights.
    3. Be realistic! (Asking us to develop an island the size of the USA, to scale, isn’t going to happen – sorry!)

DO NOT…
    1. Be disrespectful of other community member’s ideas.
    2. Expect us to know exactly what you’re talking about. Please be as thorough as possible!
    3. SHOUT AT THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY AND EXPECT US TO LISTEN TO YOU! – Take a deep breath, turn caps lock off and talk to us nicely! We will read all suggestions that come through.

Malorak
    Participant

It’s me again, Woo.

I’ve seen this asked before and found out that it isn’t possible: Dropping items. Now I think that, since items dropped by enemies are already a thing, we should be able to drop items on the ground or atleast be able to trade items. Having to take a chest with you just to trade seems a bit annoying. No harm intended, just a humble suggestion.

Have a good one!

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

We appreciate your suggestion! That’s what these topics are here for – so you guys can express what it is you want to see in game! 🙂

TheGovinor
    Participant

I was wondering if the option for players to remain in different worlds would be possible? Me and my Fiancee love games like this but she likes to build and I like to explore and battle more. From what I’ve seen in game play videos is that parties have to travel to worlds together. If I’m wrong and there is some option already for this you can just correct me now.

So I guess my question is, if she wants to stay and build a house and I want to go to a new world, will there be a possibility of her staying behind while I portal to a different world?

Sniperbait
      Participant

I agree with you. I would love to be able to go to another world and gather resources while my friends/family stays and builds their house/castle. For me, this has the kind of elements that I wish Minecraft had. So, just adding this feature would be amazing. It doesn’t break anything for me if it doesn’t get added. It would just be a super nice option to have. There are several ways you could implement this feature. 1# Have a popup asking if the players would like to tag along to the island the other person is leaving to. 2# Have the map highlight the world the other players are on. 3# Could have additional interface/tab that informs you were other players are and you could then have a button that allows you to teleport to the world they are on.

Spineshank
      Participant

Good suggestions, yeah being on different worlds/islands seems like a must at some point. Co op is fun already but being able to do this would just put it over the edge.

Ah Ha

Pinkachu
      Participant

Adding my input on this as well. I was busy doing my own thing to help out, when a co-player portaled and off I went. No option to say no and keep working on my project. I think there should be something that pops up, asking if we want to go or not and leave us to our work if we say no. We could always join them later if we choose. This needs to be a thing. If a player goes into a dungeon, we should have an option to enter that as well. There needs to be a choice. Also, will there be a way to chat in game?

Oddin
    Participant

Two things the game needs. Inverted Y axis for the camera control and the ability to remap keys. Make it so Number One.

MrBlack
    Participant

Two things the game needs. Inverted Y axis for the camera control and the ability to remap keys. Make it so Number One.

I was wondering if the option for players to remain in different worlds would be possible? Me and my Fiancee love games like this but she likes to build and I like to explore and battle more. From what I’ve seen in game play videos is that parties have to travel to worlds together. If I’m wrong and there is some option already for this you can just correct me now.

So I guess my question is, if she wants to stay and build a house and I want to go to a new world, will there be a possibility of her staying behind while I portal to a different world?

Both of those are excellent ideas! The only qualm I have with the game so far, is it would be soooo nice to place blocks via “Right Click” instead of the “Left Click” its currently at. Its sort of annoying to accidentally place a block because you’re mining without a empty hand.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar MrBlack.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar MrBlack.
      Leonideez
      Participant

Yes, this! If your digging with an empty hand using the first available hot-bar slot you almost immediately replace it down when it breaks. Right click to place blocks needs to be a thing.
      Also on the note of placing blocks, if I have blocks, in lets say slot 4, and I push the 4 key to select that block it will place one down when it’s pushed. Was a bit bothersome when I went to complete my first portal and kept mis-placing the block on the outside of the portal.

Kitten
    Participant

Would love to see a small UI or an option to scale the UI.

Cliff Note
    Participant

Not 100% if this would fall under RPG elements, but some sort of survival aspect. Currently, there doesn’t seem to be a reason to build or farm! A hunger bar perhaps, with cooking opportunities. Something to keep us coming back to the same world and building it up. Fall damage would also be fantastic, something to give us a reason to carry around blocks or to plan how we play. This brings me to my next point, which is requiring you to stand on the portal platform where you spawn to travel between worlds. Just to prevent from just teleporting from a dungeon or if we get stuck under ground. Dropping items upon death kind of goes hand in hand with fall damage, so you can’t just throw yourself off the world to get back somewhere fast. I realize this is long but holy cow, I love this game and have so many suggestions! 😂

bizkitsthemeleemage
      Participant

Just my two cents but I actually dislike games with the survival aspect to it. It’s one of the main reasons I don’t play minecraft – because the survival aspect was added later. Yes, right now it’s a pretty casual relaxing game with easy difficulty – but that’s why I like it. Adding hunger, for me (my partner feels the same way) – just adds frustration to the game.

Shortsinthecold
      Participant

Perhaps instead of explicitly adding a survival aspect, cooking could still be implemented providing some sort of buffs/debuffs to your character?

-The Finger Pointing to the Moon-

domii894
    Participant

Hey,

I’ve got some suggestions for portal knights.
    In general, I like this game very much, but still there are some points I want to mention.

Camera:
    It would be cool to have a setting, where you can enable/disable that “cinematic fight mode”. It looks cool, but in some cases it is pretty annoying. You just want to escape and then it drops into that mode and the camera changes it’s position.
    I would say, if this mode is disabled, the character just fires at the place, where he “looks” at this moment.

Also it would be cool to be able to zoom in a bit. Sometimes it also happens, if you stay in a house, and you want to break a wall-part, you accidently hit a torch or whatever at the back side of you. (hard to describe, I hope it is understandable)
    Maybe there are some issues, with the camera placement, if there is not enough space behind the character.

Block placement:
    I like the design, how you place the blocks, but it happens often to me that I want to break a block and instead I just place some wood or it tries to place a seed on some dirt. I would appreciate it, if its just like this:
    – left click: break things, …
    – right click: open menus of objects, placing items, planting seeds, …

Textures:
    When I go to first person mode, I have constantly the feeling that I am veeeeery little. The textures seem to be a bit too upscaled, so you have the feeling that you are very “near” to them and that makes the effect in my opinion. Maybe resizing the textures a bit to make them smaller (especially stoneblocks and wood) so it doesn’ seem to be that big.

I also think that the objects, like amboss, workbench, furnance and so on are too big. Halfing the size of them would be very nice.
    Nobody builds a workbench which is twice as high as himself 😀

General Gameplay (Islands, enemies):
    I like the enemies and how they are attacking.
    But as also many other people said, there is not much potential (or sence) to build a house somewhere. You can go too fast to the next world.
    I would very appreciate it, if that portal parts would drop not that often, so you have to look more. Also the enemies could be a bit harder.
    Also, as other ones said, implementing something like drink and food would help to be forced to build a farm and protect it from enemies, who potentually try to steal your food and so on.

I know, this is quite some critisizm to the game, but I still like it very much and see the potential in it.
    If you think that my suggestions are dumb, it’s ok for me 😀

Thanks anyway for reading it.

domii894

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar domii894.
      Sir_IZBAK_1st
      Participant

It’s cool when you come to post suggestions and you find someone has already posted exactly what you wanted to ask. 😀

For the camera, I sometimes break stuff behind my back too, it’s probably a little problem of pointer gestion: if it’s possible to make the… let’s call it a “pointer axis hitbox” sensible only from the character position and not from the camera position it would be fine.

I deal with it by switching to first person view, very confortable but I feel small. can you just cheat a little and place the first person camera ABOVE the character’s eyes, please? 🙂

Same button for placing and breaking is hard to cope with at early game, when you don’t have all the tools to harvest stuff and must do it with empty hands. The minecraft logic is indeed rather good to copy: left click = “remove” (dig, harvest, kill…), right click = “place” (build, modify…).

Spirit is All in Nothing.

Voodi
    Participant

My friend and I love this game. But for me it’s a little chaotic because they are not enough slots in the chest or backpack, and trust me, you get a lot of stuff from one adventure. Maybe add a backback?

rilian
      Participant

Amen… I feel chests don’t have nearly enough storage capacity and higher level chests cost a fortune to make for the little gain you get (chest II is 4 slots more than regular chest but requires iron for example…which is hard to get for a while).

Also having signs to label chests would be huge. It’s hard having to guess where certain items are stored.

Sir_IZBAK_1st
    Participant

Oh, and when you get stuck by a grunt leader in a dead end, with 2 block tall cliff behind you, and you know you could easily jump over it, but when you try that your character makes a dodge against the wall and dies, then you understand that putting ‘dodge’ and ‘jump’ on the same key is a bad idea. 🙂

Spirit is All in Nothing.

Chickentron
    Participant

I feel gameplay for warriors should be improved in general; however, my main issue with it is that most of the flying enemies dont fly low enough for me to hit them with my main weapons. Since I can’t jump and attack either, that has stopped me from moving on through dungeons and many areas. I know i could just craft a bow(which is what I’m gonna have to do now), but I would really enjoy it if I could just hit them with my main weapon. I don’t think that is asking too much, hopefully it is something to be considered.

Malorak
    Participant

I feel gameplay for warriors should be improved in general; however, my main issue with it is that most of the flying enemies dont fly low enough for me to hit them with my main weapons. Since I can’t jump and attack either, that has stopped me from moving on through dungeons and many areas. I know i could just craft a bow(which is what I’m gonna have to do now), but I would really enjoy it if I could just hit them with my main weapon. I don’t think that is asking too much, hopefully it is something to be considered.

Quote indeed.

Friend of mine plays warrior and I play Mage. He ended up making himself a bow, which really seems counter-intuitive for a warrior. Have him use some way or another that’s more warrior-ish to deal with flying enemies. Maybe a ram-attack that takes them to the ground? A net he can throw WC3 style? A hookshot/grappling hook style weapon? Many options, but ranged weapons seem like quite the non-warrior thing to do.

Some other suggestions I have:

•Some sort of sprint – The pace for walking’s fine and dandy, but we need some sort of sprinting, atleast out of combat. Alternatively, mounts, hanggliders, parachutes, grappling hooks or whatever kind of mobility item/pet would pose a great option as well. I love flying through voxelworlds with a hangglider but I can see the problem with the smaller isles of PK leading to quick death. Haven’t been to later islands but up until now they all were fairly small. On that topic…

•Bigger islands – Maybe even without enemies. Being able to build somewhere without being disturbed or at least getting some room to build would be great. As it stands, islands are fairly small. That’s ok, but I absolutely love building over the top castles in games like Portal Knights. I’d greatly appreciate great islands!

•Combat fluiditiy – This is HUGE. Not being able to move while attacking feels a bit weird. Being able to slowly move while attacking would be a great compromise, or reducing damage output when not standing still.
    Next thing is not being able to jump. As was mentioned in the quote, one can not jump in combat, only dodge. Make these keys seperate, make us be able to jump and attack to reach higher up enemies and in general (because who doesn’t love jump attacking?) and maybe even add a bonus to damage for it, Zelda style, for Warriors!

My biggest suggestion however is how you can not cancel out of attacks. You need to actively stop attacking to then dodge, instead of just pressing dodge ASAP. This takes a good bit of control away from the player and I’d love to be able to cancel my attack into a dodge roll somehow. If you cancel too early, you’ll wind up not attacking obviously, and if you cancel correctly you’ll attack and then perform a dodge roll (and thus reducing your damage per second as to not make dodge roll cancelling overpowered)

•Block placement – I don’t know what it is, but placing blocks into a portal seems a bit rough. Sometimes you just place a portal block infront of the portal frame or on top of another block. Otherwise building seems fine, I love how easy it is to bridge by the way. So good! <3

Also, on a slightly unrelated note: Are there any plans to make character customization a bit deeper? As it stands, you just click on the stat distribution and click one of two fairly basic talents – with the exception of some not being shared and interesting like the level 30 ones – I love customization and just a bit more would be great and also serve to distinguish the classes a bit more. As it stands, every class can use every weapon and skill and only their base stat total is changed. I’d love to see some more class identity personally, but maybe that’s just me.

All of those are simply suggestions and no harm’s meant. Have a good one, I’ll play some more PK now~

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Malorak.
      bizkitsthemeleemage
      Participant

•Some sort of sprint – The pace for walking’s fine and dandy, but we need some sort of sprinting, atleast out of combat. Alternatively, mounts, hanggliders, parachutes, grappling hooks or whatever kind of mobility item/pet would pose a great option as well. I love flying through voxelworlds with a hangglider but I can see the problem with the smaller isles of PK leading to quick death. Haven’t been to later islands but up until now they all were fairly small. On that topic…

I actually like the idea of a sprint too.

NoisyCricket
    Participant

Finally had the time to jump and play around. Awesome! love it! But…

I still would really love the ability to just host a dedicated open world for my friends and fam. No story needed, just let me seed an open world randomly populated with mobs/dungeons/etc and let us make our own adventure. I would pay twice the price for such a game (or seperate addon, hint hint) with this kind of polish you’ve put into this one. kind of like running an old school Ultima Online shard. There’s much fun to be had in building an open world and just letting the players have at it.

You could still sprinkle in some random generated things to do. Like random NPC villages that would have say a “Hunt the villain” bulletin board that’s tied to things in the area. Like say a dungeon with some sort of Boss in the lower levels and the bulletin board would have the quest to go kill it. some could be solo’able, some maybe need a group.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar NoisyCricket.
    Azcarim
    Participant

Okay, so having just beaten the last boss (and being thoroughly confused by the last level, haha) I have a few pieces of feedback. It covers multiple areas so I’ll just post them here.

First the smaller things. Melee feels like high risk no reward at the moment. Melee weapons do a bit more damage than ranged and magic weapons, but not nearly enough to balance out the close range of them and it makes the warrior feel fairly weak compared to the ranger and mage. I would suggest allowing characters to move while attacking with melee weapons, as this would solve two issues at once. One, it would give an actual advantage to using melee weapons over ranged ones and two, it would solve the problem of melee attacks knocking the target out of your own attack’s range.

Progression wise gold seems to be the weak spot, iron and copper are very abundant and you don’t need that much of it and titanium comes out your ears in the last stages of the game. Gold, however, seems to be in a bad middle ground where it’s only barely more abundant than iron on it’s respective worlds yet you need twice as much of it to make the bars.

Gameplay wise, I feel like the terraria/minecraft style of putting weapons on your normal bar is holding back the rpg aspect of the game. I think having a sort of split between a ‘combat mode’ and a ‘creative mode’ that you can switch with a button would open up a lot of possibilities for the game. The ‘creative mode’ would be like what is already in the game; you set your tools and materials on your bar and using them just like you do now.

For the ‘combat mode’, however, weapons could be equipped (possibly 2 at once that you can switch between, for ranged and melee as needed) and they would remain ‘sheathed’ or inactive while not in this mode. When pressing the button to switch, you would draw your weapon and begin fighting normally.

This would help with multiple issues. First, the lock on is kind of a pain, especially since it’s mandatory. This combat mode could be what swaps to dodge instead of lock on, and thus you could feasibly fight without lock-on if you so wish. Second, having a different bar that isn’t taken up by weapons, tools, and materials could open up the possibility of having actual class specific abilities; things like a charge attack for warrior, or a volley attack for ranger, and of course the magic spells on the mage.

Malorak
    Participant

Okay, so having just beaten the last boss (and being thoroughly confused by the last level, haha) I have a few pieces of feedback. It covers multiple areas so I’ll just post them here.

First the smaller things. Melee feels like high risk no reward at the moment. Melee weapons do a bit more damage than ranged and magic weapons, but not nearly enough to balance out the close range of them and it makes the warrior feel fairly weak compared to the ranger and mage. I would suggest allowing characters to move while attacking with melee weapons, as this would solve two issues at once. One, it would give an actual advantage to using melee weapons over ranged ones and two, it would solve the problem of melee attacks knocking the target out of your own attack’s range.

Progression wise gold seems to be the weak spot, iron and copper are very abundant and you don’t need that much of it and titanium comes out your ears in the last stages of the game. Gold, however, seems to be in a bad middle ground where it’s only barely more abundant than iron on it’s respective worlds yet you need twice as much of it to make the bars.

Gameplay wise, I feel like the terraria/minecraft style of putting weapons on your normal bar is holding back the rpg aspect of the game. I think having a sort of split between a ‘combat mode’ and a ‘creative mode’ that you can switch with a button would open up a lot of possibilities for the game. The ‘creative mode’ would be like what is already in the game; you set your tools and materials on your bar and using them just like you do now.

For the ‘combat mode’, however, weapons could be equipped (possibly 2 at once that you can switch between, for ranged and melee as needed) and they would remain ‘sheathed’ or inactive while not in this mode. When pressing the button to switch, you would draw your weapon and begin fighting normally.

This would help with multiple issues. First, the lock on is kind of a pain, especially since it’s mandatory. This combat mode could be what swaps to dodge instead of lock on, and thus you could feasibly fight without lock-on if you so wish. Second, having a different bar that isn’t taken up by weapons, tools, and materials could open up the possibility of having actual class specific abilities; things like a charge attack for warrior, or a volley attack for ranger, and of course the magic spells on the mage.

Aside from the Gold stuff (didn’t get there yet, thanks for no spoilers aside from that btw) I’m very much in-tune with these suggestions. Especially since melee really feels like the loser of the bunch :/

bizkitsthemeleemage
    Participant

First post: and so far, I love the game. I was honestly surprised how smooth everything worked for an Early Access.

Coming from someone who could never get into Minecraft, but loves Portal Knights, here’s my two cents:

1. I think maybe on the first level, auto generate at least one small chest in the farm house. I had my inventory full in no-time before I even got far enough to find copper.

2. A dedicated ‘server’ mode, while I understand the effort involved would be big for me – so I could persist a world my whole family could sign in and out of, rather than getting booted when the host logs off.

3. I agree being able to drop something (maybe drag it off the inventory screen) instead of just destroying it or having to find a chest.

4. Perhaps not feasible – but would be nice if two people could go to two different worlds while playing together.

Leonideez
    Participant

I would love to be able to adjust the scale of object before placing them in the world, maybe Ctrl+scroll wheel would feel pretty natural.

SparoShade
    Participant

I have a couple suggestions as well. Sorry if someone else said anything like it and i missed it.

1. One think I found a little bothersome was when I was fighting hostile monsters but then when I killed one the auto lock-on would instantly jump to a passive enemy while a hostile one is hitting me in the head. I don’t know if it is possible, but it would be nice if the lock-on would focus on hostile enemies before passive ones. I felt a little bad killing the little green slime that didn’t even try to attack me until I accidentally hit him.

2. I really do agree with adding a dropping/trading mechanic in the game so i don’t have to use a chest to give my friends an item.

3. If possible make the Skeletons who are in the dungeons re-spawn after a while like other enemies. It was kind of annoying to have to keep reloading a zone in order to get all the bones i needed for some armor. Especially when sometimes changing zones would kick my co-op partners out.

4. Being able to change the size of the workstations would be nice too, They are so much bigger compared to everything else, once you have all of them in one room, that leaves no room for anything else. A whole room in my house had to be for them and no chests.

5. I’m sure someone has said this, but tame-able animals. A lot lower on my list of things I would like to see, but it would still be cool.

Machop
    Participant

My suggestion is in relation to equipment in along with Co-Op. I believe an interesting addition to the game would be a greater variety of back slots rather than capes. For example, wearable Standards that offered great benefits to allies in the same instance but only a small buff to the actual user. Something along the lines of +15% Health Regen, 5% Mana Regen to allies, but only 1% of each given to the wearer. Armor value, higher crit chance, and higher damage are also stats that could be used with standards.

While we’re on that concept, backpacks that give the player more inventory space could be a great addition for builders/miners.

Retro_Gamer
    Participant

This would be really nice, I like to collect resources/build and my friends like to go and slay stuff. I’d to second this suggestion!

Retro_Gamer
    Participant

As “domii894” said, the monsters seem to easy and the portal shards drop way to often, I think the game needs an increase in difficulty as well, also another suggestion of my own and this probably isn’t the right section for it but here it goes.

So you guys decided to do islands…..great. This is great for a rpg perspective but not that great for a sandbox. I know you guys did it so it would be easier to implement updates and add new islands, so since the islands are obviously here to stay, I think it would be cool that the harder the island the bigger it is! So since the beginning island is the easiest, it would be the smallest and could be a temporary home, but by the time you hit level 30, all the resources you could have is just way to much for that tiny island and you probably wouldn’t want to go to an easier island except for the resources, so if you made the level 30 islands the biggest that should mean that those would be the best place to set up camp, and also the hardest. Plus, it gives you something to look forward to going further into the game knowing you’ll have the biggest island to call home!

Leonideez
    Participant

Could the despawn rate for items be increased a bit. Had a couple things despawn just before I got to them. For example, I would break a door in a dungeons then have to turn around a kill something, and by the time I go to pick up the door it’s already gone…

huntermanz
    Participant

Could the despawn rate for items be increased a bit. Had a couple things despawn just before I got to them. For example, I would break a door in a dungeons then have to turn around a kill something, and by the time I go to pick up the door it’s already gone…

This! <Please increase despawn time on items> up to a minute or so ….right now its like 20-30 seconds
    Sucks when i have to go to my inventory to make space to pick something up and when i switched out my inventory its too late the item is gone.

FallFromInfinity
    Participant

Just got the game today with a friend, and right away, there were a few different things that we noticed that would help the game. Here’s a short list of things we noticed would help improve the overall gameplay and co-op.
    My apologies. This ended up being not remotely short at all. Sorry ahead of time for the block of text everyone!

1: Stack control – Being able to split a stack into certain amounts helps organization for crafting, as well as multiplayer use.

2: Trade – When your friend collects 3 cotton, and you have 5, it would be much easier to have one of you hand over the cotton to the other. Now, this is only troublesome early, as you can craft chests as soon as you get copper, but when trying to get into the game, and even later on, when you’re visiting large islands and are spending a lot of time away from your “home”, needing to bring a chest, just so you can trade can be a pain.

3: Shared EXP – When in a Co-op game, it seems you don’t level any slower than while solo. Since picking up the exp crystals is shared between all players, why would all players get full exp? Perhaps with 2 players, you should only receive 50% or 75% of normal exp. 3 Players would each get either 33% or 50% of it, while 4 players would each get 25% or 40%. Essentially, either grant all players 100% divided evenly between, or 150% divided evenly between. 100% would drastically slow multiplayer games, while 150% would reduce exp, requiring more effort to level, but would be easier to do with more people.

4: 3rd person view – I don’t know if anyone else has seen this, but with a Ranger when trying to shoot long distance targets – if you move so your back is to a wall, or there’s something like a tree behind you, you start lobbing arrows, instead of shooting straight.

5: “Free-locked” 3rd person – A possible setup, that’s a slight mix between Perpetual camera and locked camera modes. Essentially, you’re always in “locked” camera mode, but can freely turn via the mouse in Perpetual camera, and aren’t actually locked onto a target, nor do you ever lock on to a target. In this mode, Space would be jump, while Shift + a direction would be dodge. This would offer a slightly more skill based combat, requiring aiming for bows and staves, yet offer more flexibility, allowing predictive aiming (for example, you know that slime is about to jump, so you aim a little higher in the air to knock it out of the air).

6: Slowed mobility while active – instead of being frozen in place while you, as a warrior, swing your sword repeatedly, but being able to slowly strafe, every so slightly. Even if it takes 5 seconds to move the distance of 1 block, it would still provide some much needed mobility for the “in your face” class of the game.

7: Portal Blocks – I’m not sure if this is intentional, or just an unfortunate exploit, but portal blocks are solid… meaning a player can stand on them. Meaning you can make impromptu towers and bridges with them, that only last for a few seconds. Portal shards, at least blue ones, are common enough to have way more portal blocks than needed for portals. Let’s just say this: with good timing, and 5 portal blocks, I was able to make a bridge over 40 blocks, before the last portal block fell and wasn’t re-collected.

8: Fall damage – Why can I make a tower of portal blocks 50 tall, then fall and not be punished for it? Maybe a fall of 5 blocks shouldn’t exactly be punished, since you can easily do that by accidentally rolling off of the plateau when fighting a mob, but falling over 10 blocks and not getting even the least bit hurt seems a bit… too easy.

9: Mob AI – I haven’t reached very far in the game yet, so I have only the mobs on the first 3 islands as examples, but mob’s AIs are almost entirely too simplistic, in my opinion. You can count the seconds before the slime jumps again, and you know he’s going to jump to where you are currently standing, and you know (when you’re horizontal from him) he’s only going to be at most 1 block off the ground. Or the Hollow Knight of Thunder. You know he’s going to start out with that lightning sphere, then a few seconds later, he’ll use the lightning bolt. And a few seconds after that, the sphere again. Perhaps add some randomness to the order of skills. Maybe he ends up using the lightning bolt twice, or maybe after the lightning bolt, the sphere showed up immediately. Like, after using his lightning bolt ability, it has a chance of being on anywhere between a 2 and 5 second cooldown… where he might use it right away, or it may take a while before he can use it again.

10: Mob Pathfinding – Simply put, mobs are pretty dumb, they don’t recognize certain things as “impassable”. Now, I’ll admit, they’re smarter than other games, where mobs will obliviously walk off of a cliff into a pit, they do respect falls (with the exception of slimes, but they’re slimes, so that doesn’t matter) but, that’s all they have the brain for. My friend managed to get several mobs to stop chasing him, by making the “straight” path to him slightly blocked by a cactus. I’ve got a picture shown with a similar situation. The picture shows that I have an easy, clear shot with my bow at the monster, yet he won’t move an inch towards me.

11: Block cursor – That ever so slight light blue or red corner highlights of the block are rather unnoticeable during daytime in game. or if you’re crazy like me and building out into the void surrounding your island, it can be really hard to see where you’re placing a block, or which block you’re about to mine. Perhaps give it a glow, or have the color alter slightly based on your “biome”… for example, blue is normally pretty good in the desert, but orange and red can be terrible. In a forest, the blue is practically invisible on the grass blocks, while orange would be much more clear.

12: Flora – Now, while the grasses and flora make for a very pleasing appearance to the game, the complete removal of them makes it rather bland. Perhaps, introduce a setting between Scatter Objects “on” and “off”. Perhaps, “Full”, “Reduced”, and “None”. Where Reduced has 1/4 the number of the grasses and flowers. Also, perhaps change the name of this setting from “scatter objects” to something that makes it a bit more obvious of what is effected by it. “Ambiance objects” or “Flora objects” (I don’t know if grasses and flowers are the only ones, or if other islands may have different types). Or maybe include a little (i) button next to it, that when you highlight explains that it effects the grasses and flowers(and others, if they exist).

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar FallFromInfinity. Reason: adding an apology for the block of text
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar FallFromInfinity. Reason: fixing wording
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Triphas
    Participant

Starting off I want to say NICE JOB FOLKS!!!

A few suggestions:

Focus Aim – when mining it would be nice if the default focus would always be directly in front of you (direction you are facing, level with the ground you are on so you can walk an mine forward). Perhaps having a button you could press to go back to this default location once the user changes it would be helpful as well.

Music – while the music is cute and magical, it would be nice if there were more variety or more different types.

Lands – the lands or islands are too small, it would be nice to have more room and more depth to dig down. While digging down being able to find more stuff would be nice. Grass and flowers are really nice but there tends to be too many of them and of the trees. This may be a prospective issue, the land is so small but yet so much is packed in to a small area it seems out of balance

Growing Plant and things – Seem to take a Long time, I am still wondering if my ruby tree will ever grow.

Furniture – Can it be more functional – sit in chair, sleep in the bed

Window Shutter Things – I am able to place the left window shutter but the right one never places in the right direction so two don’t work together nicely

Flying – could there be some method to fly or float

looking at these other comments I have to agree with most of them – really good ideas that would make this game REAL ROCK!! I think it 1/2 rocks now…Great Job – Thank You 🙂

Triphas
      Participant

Water – Is there water anywhere?

Weather – Could we have weather?

biteboy5
    Participant

The problem with melee is that you can’t even hit the flying eye balls with swords so its completely useless, for me to play the warrior class i had to bring a bow with me just to kill them otherwise i’d die all the time. So i’d suggest either making the eye balls float lower or allow melee to jump hit or something

Chickentron
    Participant

I would like it if some of the dungeons were more rewarding, like getting a rare weapon/recipe or something like that. It would definitely make them more interesting and fun to go through.

Nollid
    Participant

There should be an ability to free aim permanently, maybe an option in the settings? But sometimes as a wizard its easier to use a wand or staff to break the ground and make a path for yourself but if any enemy is nearby its impossible without having to kill them first, it would also spice up the combat a little bit if you couldn’t always lock on and just spam click. This would could be a huge dislike for some people because it would force skillful aiming which maybe it should be an option to toggle aim assist on or off. But as a warrior character it seems really weird to lock on and spam attack and push your enemy across the map. This brings me to my next small dislike with this great game, the dodge is almost unresponsive in a way, I think the combat should heavily revolve around a dodge to keep you from getting hit but it seems whenever you’re in the middle of attack (especially as a warrior) there’s almost no time to dodge. Maybe instead of having to wait for your character to finish his attack, the dodge should interrupt the casting spell/skill.
    Which leads me to my last dislike, the game feels a little to easy when it comes to boss fights. Maybe have the bosses have more of a selection of skills to pick from? I was really excited to fight the last boss today but was a little let down when all he did was cast a spell and spin around. Seemed really easy for a ranged class to sit back and do damage. It’s weird but I would like to die more in the intense fights! Anything to impede on my quest to free the realms would be great. Thanks for the great game! 🙂

Retro_Gamer
    Participant

ISLAND GENERATION ISSUE IMO
    The current area I’m at in the game it the toxic mushroom swampish place. In some of the worlds, theres no holes leading to caves or dungeon, instead where the island are split up, and you have to jump across I see little caverns and have to almost fall into the void to get them, and I still haven’t found all of them because I still haven’t found the portal! This generation on these worlds only it seems like is driving me mad to where I end up just quit playing for a few hours.

Also, on other islands I go into the dungeons and stuff, and there won’t be any loot and no portal! If that not bad enough since the islands are just floating sometimes theres holes in or near the bottom of the dungeon and if you’re paying attention you’ll plummet to your death.

I really do teel like the generation is bugged!

Also mining and placing blocks feels weird, I submitted that post under Mining/crafting.

Raupenzauber
    Participant

2: Trade – When your friend collects 3 cotton, and you have 5, it would be much easier to have one of you hand over the cotton to the other. Now, this is only troublesome early, as you can craft chests as soon as you get copper, but when trying to get into the game, and even later on, when you’re visiting large islands and are spending a lot of time away from your “home”, needing to bring a chest, just so you can trade can be a pain.

I agree.
    Or the possibility to drop the item on the ground and my friend can pick it up.

TheGovinor wrote:

And we got this “problem” too.

Blademaster00
    Participant

Loving the game so far and have a few suggestions id like to make.

My minor suggestions:

-Skills: I kind of wish skills weren’t bound to the bar, there are plenty of other keys that can accommodate that, you can even make skills something you have to select and have limited access to like the talent system. Ya know a choice like, healing or lightning zap bound to Q.

-Sprinting: This goes hand in hand with the last idea, if we free up skills from the bar, we can add sprinting to shift or something.

-De-couple Dodge and Jump: Sometimes I want to jump when stuck in the action camera and sometimes I try to roll but I have targeted something yet. So can we have them as separate buttons, or the option to at least. My prefered option would be to make dodge double tapping the WASD keys.

-Warrior Range: I feel like warrior melee range is a bit short. So many times have I swung and missed cause i was just a bit too far. (also if different weapon types like axe vs. sword have different ranges, please make that known when crafting it.)

-Different zones in Co-OP: as others have said, Being able to go to seperate zones is important, perhaps more network intensive, but would really help people with separate goals (one wants to build the other wants mine, etc.) get along better.

-Mining/Combat movement: Moving while swinging would be nice. Same with mining. Its kind of a pain to just stomp moving when you mine or place a block.

Camera Angles- This can make mining/fighting in tight spaces a pain (especially when fighting in a door frame can cause you to hit the door not the enemy.)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Blademaster00.
    AlbertWarhall
    Participant

*Sorry for my english, i am spanish player.

There are many things that can be added to the game to make it big.

But what I consider essential for the success of the game is that cooperatives options to enlarge.

-A Dedicated server that supports 30 people at once seems like a good idea (I do not see need much more).
    You could even cheat a little if there is some kind of limitation causing persistent beyond a couple of floating islands as a pacif island where people can build their homes and form groups… and then to form partys 4 players across portals and go to the current mode of the game to decide to return to peaceful floating island makes server. I think a good idea because I think it is essential that people not known to interact within the game showing its buildings and equipment. It is the magic of Minecraft and should also Serla Knights Portal adventure because life is better in the company … and not always feasible for groups of friends can do that and feels quite unreal to have to speak for groups of steam to mount items . I do not know how hard it would be a dedicated server with all persistent islands, but a large island that allows host 30 players seems like a good solution too.

I also think add much to the gameplay of the game each trading certain islands islands are discovered. As npcs villages where objects or resources in exchange for a particular object type are sold.

I do not know, but I think that thanks to the idea of ​​fragmented islands you can create different types of islands with different gameplays that greatly facilitate the online issue even trading.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar AlbertWarhall.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar AlbertWarhall.
    Properpeanut
    Participant

Here’s my two cents. Most of them has been mentioned.

1. Make the warrior be able to carry a shield.
    2. Make it possible to be on different islands at the same time in coop. (important).
    3. Make the warrior be able to hit flying targets (important).
    4. Make it possible to trade among eachother (important).
    5. Maybe some kind of backpack for the long journeys.
    6. implement Sprinting while not in combat.
    7. Placing blocks with right-click, destroy with left-click.
    8. Hunger system to give farming a purpose.
    9. Minibosses could be a thing.
    10. Moving while fighting. Even slower or with damage penalty would be great. (important)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Properpeanut.
      Kakuga
      Participant

I second all of these items on Properpeanut’s list. If these were implemented, this game would be crazy amazing!
      With just that list you could finish the game and make everyone happy (except the people who want this to be a server community game)
      The only item I could see maybe adding beyond these suggestions, and isn’t really a crazy important item, is a quest system. Such as maybe random NPC’s stuck in dungeons in the small empty jail cell like rooms that ask for items. If you give them these items you can get rare/unique loot. Maybe just decoration loot, or maybe just randomly enchanted items that are already in game. Like a sword that has health regen and strength bonuses, or other bonuses that already exist in the game but are not usually on that type of item.

Regardless of where this game goes, it is a really great game and the bugs are minimal for an early access title as far as I have seen. You as developers are doing an amazing job! (I am a professional software tester, so take that as you will.)

Aquilae
    Participant

In my humble opinion, the biggest thing this game more of is ways to interact with the world, especially more ways to use the actions already available.
    For example, the Mario games get a lot of mileage out of a single action: jumping. You can jump under a brick block and break it, under a question mark block and something comes out of it, jump on a goomba and squish it, jump on a koopa twice and send its shell sliding around to hit other things.
    In Portal Knights’ combat, there’s a variety of actions, shooting, casting, slicing, bludgeoning, but the primary result of the majority of them is simply to deal damage. While there are a few different effects e.g. explosions, ice spells slowing things down, it would be fun to have a greater variety of uses and results of these actions depending on what you use them on. Maybe blocks with electro quartz channel lightning magic and zapping an piece of electro quartz ore would also zap anyone near it, or even other electro quartz. Maybe there would be ropes you can cut or burn.
    Using this, you could have a boss which constantly stays out of your range and launches attacks at you from across the level, but there’s a bunch of electro quartz-derived blocks around the edges of the level, so you could zap the blocks and the spell would travel from block to block until hitting the boss and stunning it, allowing you to get close enough to hit the boss directly.
    You could have a boss who’s armor is to thick to hurt the normal way at first, but you can lure the boss under a portcullis and cut the ropes to drop it on the boss.
    You could use these sort of techniques outside of boss battles as well. Maybe there are ropes by which enemies are swinging across a chasm, and a ranger can show their awesome skills by cutting a rope with an arrow and sending the enemies to their doom.
    Other ideas:
    Firing a grappling hook from a bow.
    Setting trees on fire with fireballs.

Ballion
    Participant

Allow the player to throw down items out of your inventory and build in the old SHIFT + Click to split item stacks. Very useful when playing with friends/online. Right now only one person can use the item and has to count how much he can craft so the other one also can craft the same ammount after you put it in a chest (which also is kind of annoying in terms of trading).

Greetings!

Wavebreaker734
    Participant

I think if you play with friends and someone enters a portal it would be better that not all persons were teleported to the new portal,so the one who gets teleported can explorer the new island and the others could farm things they need on other islands on the same time.

Steampin
    Participant

I’d definitely second a lot of suggestions so far

• Item dropping (Particularly useful for multiplayer, as going between chests is tedious)
    • ‘Stack splitting’; for the same reasons as Item dropping, although it also serves in Singleplayer in case you want to keep a certain amount of materials with you but have some back at home base.
    • Multiplayer on multiple worlds- this is particularly big for me. It’s fairly frustrating for everybody to have to be on the same world- particularly for anything beyond just two people. Often times visiting worlds is just a resource run, and it’s rare for a world to have something for everybody to do. Of course, reasonable limitations like not allowing farming of a boss makes sense.
    • Free-camera combat- The lock on makes combat extremely simplistic for ranged classes, and makes fighting flying enemies impossible for Warriors (without unlocking, jumping, attacking, unlocking, repeat).
    • World size/Motivation to stay somewhere- I’m unsure on the design philosophy of the team, but the small size of the worlds is nice at first, but it quickly becomes easy to just run in, grab some resources, kill a few mobs, and forget about a world altogether. It’d be nice to have more motivation to stick somewhere, whether the worlds are bigger, can get bigger (perhaps something that connects them physically or makes them ‘grow’), or have more unique, permanent resources.
    • ‘Home’ world improvements- In similar vein to world sizes/motivation to stick to a world, it’d be neat if instead of designating a world as your ‘Home’ a ‘Home’ world could be built over time- One that’s much larger than other worlds. The ability to change its biome (once it’s been ‘discovered’) so it spawns certain enemies/mobs, or to expand it to be larger (in the case of multiplayer so there’s plenty space for 4 players)
    Dush
    Participant

sorry for my English, I’m French ^^

Hi,

It would make the game more difficult, especially the boss who, in the case of the latter can be easily farm to get titanium and fleece.

I take my first post to tell you that the game is great and I am looking forward to the evolution of the game 🙂

Properpeanut
    Participant

I’m playing with two of my friends as I type and one of my friends headset just broke. I just realised that there’s no chat in the game. That would be a thing 🙂

Goodie
    Participant

Sorry if someone suggested this already but:

I’m not sure if a dedicated server will be released later for the game but if not what would be very cool for players that plays with others is, that it would save the world to all users on the server..

So when I log out of my game the can keep playing on the world we have all been working on.. This is a huge downside for others when host goes offline.

If the save , saved to all players games they could then continue on the same world.

Just a thought, 5 of us on the server last night and this was the biggest point they all had.. We all love the game, and your on the right track! Good job for a pre release..

TakoMT
    Participant

I know it’s mentioned above many times, but I cannot stress enough on the importance of a dedicated server, even if you keep it at 4.

The problem as it is right now, is that if the player who usually hosts is not online you are screwed and cannot join your world… and are in fact totally dependent on him/her.

MightyYado
    Participant

Don’t know if it’s in the correct category but here is goes :

1 : Bigger chest
    2 : Bigger limit of stackable item ( 64 is not enough )
    3 : Bigger Island ( Much bigger )
    4 : Possibility to lower the spawn rate of monster ( like lighted area by putting torches or firecamp )
    5 : Hunger system ( for farming )
    6 : Possibility to enchant item or add effect
    7 : Dedicated Server
    8 : Being able to be in different world wjhile in co-op
    9 : Fall Damage
    10 : losing item of some penalities when dying
    11 : boots as armor
    12 : Add Weather
    13 : water ( lake or ocean )

that’s about it 🙂

thanks and continue your great work !
    It’s a great game !!!

kah600
    Participant

It is not the first time that this suggestion will be given, probably, but let’s go:

1-It’s annoying when items in the inventory leave empty spaces. I would like a button to “auto arrange” my items.

2-The position of the target (aim) is fixed and so low! It’s inside my head! When I use the wizard hats (yeah, I’m a cute mage) the target is on the hat. Please make a flexible aim and let me choose my prefered location. (I’m sending 2 prints attached about this problem).

3-Please, please, give us a feature to disable Auto-Aim! 🙂

This is all… Congrats for this game, it’s wonderfull and sorry for my bad english.

Attachments:
    Shortsinthecold
    Participant

Not being able to move while attacking feels a bit weird. Being able to slowly move while attacking would be a great compromise… My biggest suggestion however is how you can not cancel out of attacks. You need to actively stop attacking to then dodge, instead of just pressing dodge ASAP. This takes a good bit of control away from the player and I’d love to be able to cancel my attack into a dodge roll somehow

I couldn’t agree more. My very first complaint, although I love this game, was while I was attacking, dodging didn’t have priority over your attack. When in combat I feel like it’s all about timing; If something jumps at you, I’d like to be able to dodge while that enemy is still in the air, as long as my timing is right.

-The Finger Pointing to the Moon-

PortalKing
    Participant

I believe these have been mentioned, but…

1) Disable auto-lock onto enemies. While peacefully mining or getting cotton, my weapon automatically switches to a nearby enemy that was minding it’s own business. I think having the ability to turn off auto-lock would greatly benefit the game and make it easier for people who don’t always want to be fighting.

2) Have the ability to jump while attacking. I think this is pretty standard in most games. It would make it a lot easier to battle if you could jump and attack, especially with the sword.

3) Allow characters to use items such as chairs, stools, and especially beds. Being able to sleep through the night to avoid monsters would be a great addition to the game.

4) Possibly allowing you to turn off monsters for a more peaceful gameplay? I love the game as is, but if this is to be the next great sandbox game, I think it would be smart to incorporate a peaceful mode that is meant for building. It is hard to mine and build when you are constantly getting attacked.

I can’t wait to see how this game unfolds! Thanks for listening.

BogOtter
    Participant

Hi there. I’ve been streaming Portal Knights since it’s release and represent a community of gamers called the Otterman Empire. Many of us have been enjoying the game, but we have some suggestions that we believe will improve the game as it continues it’s development through early access:

Gameplay & Co-Op Suggestions:

1. Allow players to travel to different islands without making the whole group go with them. If I’m building a house for my kids, it would be great if they can go farm materials on different islands at the same time.

2. Make loot drops individual off of creatures. First of all this would promote players cooperating instead of rushing ahead to ninja the loot. Also when playing co-op, certain items like scales and fur becomes really scarce. If you play alone, you can farm all the creature items you need, but in co-op you need triple or quadruple the amount of materials to make equipment for everyone. So individual loot drops from creatures would be helpful.

3. Add functionality to beds to allow them to turn night to day or day to night.

4. Lengthen the day/night cycle. It seems to rotate too quickly.

5. Allow players to drop items on the ground or trade with each other without using a chest.

6. Allow players to split stacks of items.

7. Restore health and mana to full after death.

8. Having multiple weapons, spells, and tools on your hotbar becomes difficult and unwieldy. We recommend having a combat bar and a build/craft bar that you can swap between. The combat bar can have weapons, spells, and potions. The build bar will have mining tools, torches, blocks, etc.

9. Separate jump and dodge/dash from both being spacebar. If you’re using a melee weapon in combat, you can’t reliably jump attack flying enemies because of the automatic camera lock. When the camera is locked, you can’t jump. It would also be great to have an option to disable auto target lock when attacking enemies.

10. Add in-game chat so you can communicate with your friends in game.

11. Add rare/unique things to discover on islands. Secret mini bosses, chests, rare decorations, blocks. Give people a reason to fully explore each island for these rare hidden events. Otherwise, you tend to find yourself saying, “Eh, it’s another snow island, I don’t need anything here.” and then you activate the portal and go to the next world.

Thanks for reading the feedback. I’ll be posting more suggestions in the other threads.

Bog Otter

rubengc
    Participant

I suggest use ctrl to targeting/change target/untarget actions (like zelda’s z-targeting)

And reserve mouse right button as a shortcut for a object/skill/block quick use

Azayliah
    Participant

I saw a lot of suggestions I agree with already here and in other suggestion threads (ex: some sort of survival additions so growing food has more of a purpose, in-game chat, ability to divide stacks of and drop items, ability to go to separate islands when playing co-op, increased size of island, more hair options and addition of varied facial shapes…). I have a few others I didn’t notice; not all are for co-op, but I’ll start with the one that is.

Build Mode – Creative mode, god mode, whatever you want to call it. The idea is that this would allow players to rapidly build areas (cities, dungeons, etc.) for them and their friends or kids to adventure through. In this mode they wouldn’t have to deal with fending off monsters or be limited by what kinds of items are available on the islands they’ve already been to. They would also have the ability added ability to place things like treasure chests, monster spawns, etc. I know at least a couple of friends who would already have this game if it had something like that.

Ladders or Ropes – To make climbing easier.

Hair Visibility – When wearing hats the character’s hair vanishes. Could either the hats be toggled so they don’t have to be visible, or be altered so that parts of the hairstyle show up?

MrKuff
    Participant

We need some way to sprint and do special move.

We can use a “Stamina bar” for sprint run. (Just desactivate it in combat if you dont want us to be able to outrun the mobs)
    Better yet, use the mana bar for that (rename the mana bar, stamina bar!). If youre a warrior, Stamina is what permit you special move, charge, sprint and the like. For mage, stamina permit you to cast spell. And when the bar is empty, youre too tired! Too tired to sprint and/or/cast spell. For a ranger, same thing, Double dmg but slow aim attack taking stamina would be a great opener. Rename mana potion to stamina potion.
    Would bring nice playing mecanics. An too exausted avatar can’t sprint out of a combat if in trouble. Better yet, put a negative if the stamina bar is too low! When youre tired (say below 20%), you got hit penality, move slower… the choice are endless

MrKuff
    Participant

For Builder : Ability to duck to move slowly to the block side without falling off! Since there no falling damage, it’s not that bad, but… would be very nice!

MrKuff
    Participant

Death mecanics suggestion:

When you died, if you are in coo-op mode, you have the choice between waiting for a resurect from a player or respawn. Can only resurect when out of combat.

When you respawn, you Lose all your inventory. Lost of some XP too.
    Inventory go inside a tombstone and can be picked up later. Can be picked up by a friends from co-op. The inventory is in a special bag that only the dead player can open. (but friends can carry as a 1 slot item bag and the bag disapear when open by the owner)

If you drop the world, respawn to the teleport pad without inventory (and no way to find it back since there no tombstone available! No more “I’m in the cave and I dont want to find a way up and let’s drop into the void without penality” thing!).

Extra :The tombstone is view from now as a spawn point for mobs ( garding the precious of the tombstone 🙂

Oh and we need faster respawn!

Philbo
    Participant

free aim non auto lock disabled: In these games it’s obvious that 16 year old were not your target audience, that said, having the
    ability to not auto lock onto a target and try to rather attack in a more hands on method would make game-play so much more fun… for the kids up to the challenge of needing to actually aim and shoot that is excellent.

Arrows not reaching: Arrows need to be able to arc and hit opponents, it’s tough hitting enemies from afar, but it’s frankly nonsense denying a hit because it was “too far” this needs to be rectified… using an optimal shooting distance would work to balance things, if an enemy is too close or too far then every arrow or spell has a 25% decrease in damage, whenever the target is in the optimal range it has no handicap of being 25% less effective.

movement while attacking: I found that my movement is stopped whenever I’m initiating an action, say I’m building or shooting arrows, I can’t move at the same time, adding a 25% less damage on shots fired while moving can encourage standing still like the game currently enforces, but to people like me who like to be more creative running around and firing, I hate being penalized by having my movement restricted… and when I’m building or harvesting it’s a pain to have to stop pressing the left mouse button just to move.

Day night cycle time doubled: Days and nights go by too quickly, and shadows need to get darker, more dynamic weather is needed also.
    Resources disappearing time doubled: Once a cube is broken a resource of that block is dropped, however sometimes you can be busy building something and want to collect those resources later only to find they’ve disappeared, this time needs to at least double if not quadruple.

Option to increase or decrease enemy quantity, behavioral difficulty (survival):
    My computer can handle quite a bit but atm I’m restricted to a one fits all system with this game, I would like options when creating a universe, such as increasing the enemies found or enemies allowed to be spawned, some games have restrictions on how many enemy’s will spawn or show at any given time to help performance, on slow computers this helps a lot but on better systems this is a game-play enhancer lost… what I want is an ability to at least increase the maximum allowed enemies in an area.

What I meant by behavioral difficulty is how enemies behave, since I’m against classic difficulty methods like increasing the damage and hitpoint count of enemies… it’s a very lazy approach on making things harder… what I would LOVE is having the option to select “aggressive A.I.” so when the universe is made the Enemy A.I. have x3 aggro range, are at least double in numbers, and at night seek out the player forcing them to either fight or stay in doors, so making shelters is essential… later as one progresses on further enemies obviously become tougher and having the tougher enemies attacks homes so that they can reach the player forcing him to build with tougher materials and more creative safe houses would improve game-play by soo much… what would also be a nice thing is a wave/hostility increase per night… say the first night everything’s fine, second night a few more enemies are around, third night more enemies and they call for help if aggro’d, fourth night more enemies while actively searching out player, fifth night stronger enemies are spawned, etc.

Lastly, windows need either glass blocks like in Minecraft or need to be able to be put in horizontally, not just vertically, so I can make a sky roof, or a door so I can drop in… I love minecraft but it’s not on Steam so I got this game instead, I realize this game is not Minecraft so I don’t expect an exact replica but I do expect some fun ways to be creative, and hope for enemies to make me want to build a safe house who would come after me otherwise, it would also make for a fun co-op experience, storming out of secret doors flanking the enemies waiting outside the front door only to be met with our attacks from behind.

Mithrarin
    Participant

perhaps online servers, and/or pvp arenas, as well as more islands, and a lot more bosses, as well as npc’s, quests, and random villages and/or peaceful islands with merchants, quest givers, and general npc’s

Leonideez
    Participant

I would like a more rewarding sound when I break or place blocks, something subtle like a pop or a click noise. The different pitch of the current sound isn’t fulfilling my audio satisfaction needs!

Raupenzauber
    Participant

It would be cool, when there is a life bar under the name of my Coop’s Knight.
    I like to see, when he is in trouble or wins the fight on his own.

Choggo
    Participant

Controls:
    -Remove auto aim on ranged attacks, right now it makes combat to easy.

-Separate keys for jumping and dodging.

Gameplay:
    -Larger worlds, maybe increase the world size as you go up in levels? Current size prohibits any chance of exploring large dungeons, caves, etc.

-Shields for warriors

-Gear restrictions, there should be some universal gear all can use, and then gear restricted to their class thats better.

-Speaking of dungeons and caves…we need them, mazes or floating fortresses would be cool as well. I’m sure stuff is coming down the pipe, but until its confirmed its worth mentioning.

-Allow players to explore different areas at the same time.

Wolff Laarcen
    Participant

– More Utility Spells
    A few spells with QoL effects and/or a long duration would be nice: Sprint, Portable light source (for mining), higher jump, faster mining, teleport to position, etc.

– More Bosses
    It would be nice to see a boss every 5 levels instead of every 10 levels

– ‘Hidden’ Bosses
    Occasionally there could be a well-hidden portal that transports the character to an optional boss fight

Wolff Laarcen
    Participant

– Combat Responsiveness
    Attacking seems to animation-lock the character and create a situation where you have to stop attacking to dodge. Combat would be much more fluid and responsive if dodging had top priority over any other action in combat and immediately interrupted any other animation.

Let’s face it, when you want to dodge you want to dodge RIGHT NOW, not in a second or two.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Wolff Laarcen.
    johnatomy
    Participant

Alright I have 20 hours of gameplay in this game so far. I love everything about it so far. As an early access game I know there are many things in the works. I would say that my suggestions are not so much novel ideas but rather some common genre staples that need implemented.

Classes- Rouge – duel wielding daggers
    also a crossover class of rouge ranger duel wielding crossbows.
    You could really go crazy with the duel wielder. Like a ninja with duel sies.

Also a division in the mage class of light and dark magic, (druid and cleric) one better at defense and one at offense. This would help with parties.

Also a javelin type throwing spear for the ranger.

CRAFTING

The crafting system cost levels are too high. Iron and palm costs are just crazy. Either tweak the spawn/ drop levels or make the cost lower.

COMBAT/ CONSTRUCTION

Can we please be able to move while attacking/ building and demoing?

GAMEPLAY MODES

survival battle island – an island to go where waves and waves of enemies attack your team and you get achievements and trophies the farther you can survive.

I have more ideas but I want to play now instead of type more. 🙂

Wolff Laarcen
    Participant

– Item Drop And Despawn Mechanics
    Items like blocks, furniture and even crafting stations are frequently lost while mining them when the removed item ‘falls’ through walls, floors or upwards through ceilings and then despawns before the player can get to where it fell. The item despawn time could stand to be significantly lengthened. In addition, some change needs to be made to the mechanic which allows mined items to fall through solid surfaces in the first place.

– Chests for Boss Loot
    At least one or two boss items always seem to fall off the edge of the world when they’re dropped after a fight. Instead of scattering the individual items, spawning a chest in the center of the platform after a boss is defeated would prevent loot from falling into the abyss.

fureter
    Participant

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but a stamina bar similar to darksouls that could be used for balancing the combat. I’ve seen a lot of complaints about warriors not being balanced with rangers and mages, and i think a stamina stat that governs actions would allow for more balance. Like warriors get more stamina than mages and rangers.

Banrai
    Participant

I wrote up a new topic touching these suggestions due to it’s humongous size.

The short things that have been written there are;

Increased Max Players
    Separate Travel
    Co-Op worlds or dungeons
    Create Party/group/guild
    Player Trading
    Server Admin/Player Tools
    Vanity/Fashion Slots
    Gravity Hurts
    Improved AI
    Better Combat
    Camera Targeting
    World Generation
    Damage Mitigation
    First Person Archery
    Higher levels, more skills, perks, traits
    Farming
    Multiplayer World Information/settings
    Water blocks
    Enchanting
    Safe Zones
    Functional Decoration
    Aesthetic outfits

The description of all these things can be found in a separate topic HERE

If a mod thinks that this post contains anything it shouldn’t feel free to modify or delete it!
    Same goes for the topic I created.

Derp, have a nice day!
    -Banrai

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Banrai.
    Totoroh~
    omnigil
    Participant

I’ve discovered some problems with gameplay. Recently my Warrior reach Lvl 30, so I decided to create a Mage this time. Creating a new character this time, I realised there was not much options for Female Style Characters, particularly in the hairstyle area, but that’s not the main problem. The main problem is, my Lvl 1 Mage was able to wear Arch Mage Full Set Gear since I had all the materials ready. And for gaining levels I just went and farm the Plant Monster at the End Game since they give around 2k exp without the Royal Knowledge skill perk, and 3k exp with it. During grinding, I also always forget to use the spells because the was really no need for it. Just spam the attack key on the staff and dodge attacks.

So I’m just going to put all the suggestions I have here:

Gameplay:
    Have a Lvl restriction on equipments and islands.
    Adjust the spell system somehow, because I really forget to use them due to not needing them at all. Maybe have the Wand/Staff cast the spell instead? I’m thinking of MapleStory Style where you need to equip them to use spells, or you can’t use it at all. This will also clear up the bag space alot. For Warriors have spells equipped to the swords/axe maybe.

Character Creation:
    There were hairstyles I wanted a mix of, like Hair number 14 front and number 18 back mixed together. Was trying to create Cinder from RWBY…
    Eye colour, I hope you can have it the same as the hair colour options, because the colours were very limited. If I have not already done the survey, I would do it again and add this in.

Crafting:
    Said it before, and will say it again. Armour Set Effects. Right now the only thing affecting our choices is:
    1) the extra ability, whether I prefer a chance for explosion to occur, or spell cooldown reduction, or recovery of mana.
    2) how cool it looks like.
    So having a Set Effect would really affects the choices of which route we should go.

Wolff Laarcen
    Participant

– Experience Points from Bosses
    With a level 28 character, killing a level 1 Green Slime in Peaceful Hills awards 72 XP. Killing the level 30 boss, however, gives 0 XP. Is this intended? If a monster 27 levels lower than the character is worth XP, a boss 2 levels higher should be worth XP also.

– Experience Points as Items
    For the sake of convenience, it be useful to automatically award the character XP from kills and mining instead of dropping an item that has to be picked up. Occasionally the XP item will drop off the edge of the world, down a nearby hole or into some other difficult to reach area.

Spineshank
      Participant

Agreed, I find it strange that experience has to be picked up. It’s not a huge deal but it should be awarded automatically I believe.

Ah Ha

BieGamer
    Participant

Hi, the PK team probably seen this suggestions before or probably know they have to do this, or maybe not 🙂
    But I’d like to say a few things I’d like to see in game.

Islands

I read is not possible to make huge islands, but they are too small, I hope and I’d like them to be bigger. I does not have to be the size of the USA, but bigger… Also, it would be the most amazing thing if we could be in different islands. OMG! Really, sometimes we have different wishes, some might want to gain experience, some others might want to build, others might want to help by getting stones, gems and etc…

Dropping Items

I’d like the option to drop items for my partners to take, give it to them or something. We already have the delete box, so to drop something if we don’t want is not necessary, but we need, a lot of times, to share our resources to friends.

Bosses

I don’t know if is possible to change this and I don’t know if you’ll get it, but the bosses are too obvious! I don’t know if that’s the word I want to use, but I don’t mean like we know what they’re gonna be, I mean, they’re just there. Like, is too easy and kinda boring. You teleport there, they’re there, you fight, that’s it. ‘-‘
    It would be more challenging if there was obstacles to get to him, like a bigger and more difficult dungeon, that you fight and fight powerfull foes and you’re “tired” (ingame), injured, you used a lot of potions to heal, you’re almost out of it and then, there’s the boss, harder and stronger and very powerfull. And seriously, I know is a lot, but it would be beautiful if it has a cutscene when you get to him, imagine that? So awsome!

Resources

It gets harder and harder to find resources, Angel Diamonds, Cosmic Opal, Titanium Ore, they’re so hard to find (especially the Angel’s Diamond), and to make the bars, OMG, is like “absurdly expensive”, 40 titanium ores to make 1 bar, that’s crazy!
    Please, I want to move while breaking blocks… is so bad we can’t move.

Clothes

There are no capes for a lot of clothes 🙁
    I’m using right now the Sorcerer set, there is no cape for it.

Fighting/Dodging

Dodging sucks, is really bad. The camera lock is so weird. I don’t know if can be made better, but I don’t like the way it is. This is the one part of it I don’t know if I can be really clear. Oh, please, let me move while attacking! I think that would solve the problem!

That’s all I can think of right now.
    I’d also like to say that the game is beautiful, I loved the graphics, the bosses are beautiful. The dragon is so beautifuly done. I congratualte the team. Please, make the game bigger, a little bit harder and more interesting so I won’t want to stop playing.

Thanks for “listening” 🙂

Wolff Laarcen
    Participant

– Ladders
    It would be very convenient to be able to construct ladders (Wood? Rope?) that, when placed, allowed the player to scale a vertical surface. Currently the only ways to move vertically involve stacking/removing blocks or building stairs.

mandros
    Participant

A lobby of some sort when game is launched where we can find others looking for co-op games would be nice.

Noodlesmack
    Participant

First of all I would like to say thank you and great job! 😀 My siblings and I love playing together on co-op so this list has the input of 2 others.

CO-OP:

1. Separate Travel– it was inconvenient for us to all have to port at the same location to gather resources or do whatever elsewhere. Oh and is there any way to cancel a port as it’s counting down? We have yet to figure it out if there is.

2. Dedicated Server– players should be able to log into the world without a host. When I am not home my sister or brother has to log me in just so they can access the shared world. It is too dependent on my own connection and availability. Also in the future we would love to invite more people.

3. Trade and Splitting Stacks!– It’s been tiring trading through chests. We need to be able to split stacks and drop them for a fellow player. Speaking of drops we’ve noticed the de-spawn rate of floating items is really short! There have been many instances where a drop was lost because we couldn’t get there fast enough.

4. Inventory Space- more slots in chests and backpack please! I would prefer for each chest to be upgradable rather than creating new ones each time.

5. Text Chat- we didn’t realize there wasn’t one until someone’s mic stopped working. This is much needed.

6. NPCs- village people could give us quests, move the story along, and perhaps even trade with us for special items. It feels lonely otherwise 🙁

GAMEPLAY:

1. Hit and Move Simultaneously- as a warrior I could not move out the way as fast as I’d like. It’s too choppy right now and I would love a more fluid fighting style.

2. Keybinding!- I really dislike using the space bar to roll (also can you set it so we can roll outside of combat?). I end up jumping. Double tapping the AWSD keys would be ideal.

3. UI Controls- turn on and off target lock
    size of main bar
    amount of flora (it really is too much for my eyes to take after a while, but I don’t want it ALL gone)
    hide helmet option
    off-center the character from circle aim (I like to play third-person view but the aim is smack in the middle and I
    can’t see what the heck I am hitting)

4. Auto Stacking- when crafting an item it should be able to find a slot in your inventory AND in the main slot bar. Perhaps by right clicking on it. It should also stack onto the same existing stack if there is one. Making room, switching tabs, and dragging takes too much time.

5. Sprint- perhaps you could implement a stamina bar to limit how far.

6. Deconstruct items- i wince every time i throw away a weapon or gear. For example I made an iron axe I wound up not using. I needed iron at a later time and was glaring at it in my inventory…hoping my unblinking intent would magically break it back down to bars.

7. Personal Text Signs- I like to keep things organized and when in co-op we need something to differentiate the plethora of chests we have.

8. Smaller altar and anvil- there are some objects in the game that seem too big for the space. Please resize these!

9. Longer Day/Night Cycle- and later maybe add weather 😀

10. Sneak- so we don’t easily fall into the abyss

11. Interact with Objects- we like to play around in the houses we build. It’d be great to sit in a chair, sleep in a bed, etc.

12. Ability to go to desktop while in full screen- I want to be able to access my desktop quickly if need be. Normally I hit the windows button. I’d rather not have to select windowed display mode each time.

…Aaaand that’s all we could think of for now. Thank you again! We look forward to future updates! 🙂

Chickentron
    Participant

Idk if somebody has suggested this, but i think it would be an awesome idea to be able to craft armors and weapons that have similarities in design to the bosses. Let’s say you beat a boss and instead of getting a blueprint for a copper sword/dagger you get blueprints for armor and weapons that look like they were made from the boss. Maybe by making the boss drop exclusive materials to craft the equipment, it makes the bosses more rewarding, and it gives more replay value to the bosses. Also, it would be cool if the had stats based on the boss(first boss’ weapons cause poison damage on hit, and armors give you poison resistance/extra damage). Pretty much something similar to Monster Hunter.

hramos
      Participant

7. Personal Text Signs- I like to keep things organized and when in co-op we need something to differentiate the plethora of chests we have.

I totally agree!!!!

hramos
      Participant

Wrong place 🙁

bezitten
    Participant

Class suggestion: Classes should have better talent trees and ability to class spec

warriors: go into knight or berserker going knight means the ability to wear shields, going beserker grants the ability to use 2hand and/or dual wield?

mages: wizard and necromancer id love to see off-hand items such as a book hanging on my belt while casting or big two hand staffs hanging from my back, wizards maybe get better crowd control and portals, necromancer gets to summon things

ranger: sharpshooter or beast mastery, sharpshooter is self explanatory more dps, and beastmaster ability to tame the wild would be awesome to have

multiplayer: being able to make servers like other games allow would up the popularity of this game drastically especially if you have the ability for plugins/mods being enabled each server and if my next suggestion is added: unlimited biomes. i also crash when the person not hosting the game uses a portal or teleports through the map like 100% of the time.

biome: i love collecting and hording, by far we need better world region with bigger biomes imo maybe an option on size (unlimited would be nice)

weapons: like stated above shields, big two hand staves, big swords, books hanging on belt and ability to dual wield

gameplay: ability to disable the auto aim feature, a less clumsy first person. mobs get stuck behind doors and other things so better AI, bosses should be what they are in multiplayer for single player and more powerful in multiplayer or have a difficulty setting

edit: ability to stealth your weapon/armor

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Avatar bezitten.
    Yazatos
    Participant

Hello, i have some ideas :

– I think an exchange’s system will be interesting (with the possibility to just give an item and don’t have to receive the item). It’s boring to have to use a chest to give an item.
    – Add map for each island.
    – Diversify or add new mobs because it’s always the same mob and it’s not really interesting.
    – Add ladder.
    – Add the possibility to craft portal stone shard with the previous portal stone shard (for example : blue portal stone shard —> yellow portal stone shard).

Kilthunox
    Participant

I would love to see a creative mode designed for making dungeons along side the steam workshop compatibility.
    ——————–

A creative mode that allows you to place infinite blocks, mobs and control their patching, and bosses with changeable fight mechanics combined with the steam workshop will result in an infinite amount of RPG content.

I would also like to see some way to build traps for this dungeon building creative mode.

———-

Thanks!

Kilthunox
    Participant

I would like to see difficulty settings. Like easy/normal/hard/legendary that changes how strong and how smart the AI are and the amount of reward you receive from kills and chests.

Suki
    Participant

I have some suggestions people already posted!
    Okay. How about:

1. Crouching/sneaking mechanic
    2. Sprinting
    3. Double-jump?
    4. Trading/dropping system
    5. Left-click to smash/right-click to place
    6. Longer daytime/night time
    7. Mine it you get it mechanic
    -So people won’t just take your stuff accidentally after all your hard work.
    8. Journal for quests
    9. Backpacks for more inventory space!
    10. Expeditions
    -Long dungeons, quest to defeat a boss, a sense of purpose, etc.

Just wanted to post these for myself. So da sorrow for da spam.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Avatar Suki. Reason: Forgot to mention something
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Avatar Suki.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Avatar Suki. Reason: More ideas keep popping up
    Suki
    Participant

Back at it again with more suggestions!
    ROGER DAT!
    1. Dyeing system
    -Dye clothes, weapons, blocks, etc
    2. Seasons
    3. Weather
    4. Deconstruct items
    -Break built items to get their fragments
    5. More voices
    6. Interacting with furniture
    -Sit, sleep, etc.

Thanks for considering. 🙁

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Avatar Suki.
    ZLATH
    Participant

Sorry if it was mentioned already (I did a quick search and it doesn’t seem to have), but would it be possible for a game-time clock to be inserted, possibly in the upper right corner? A lot of the fire (red sky) and nature (green sky) areas are very difficult to discern the day/night cycle when the skeletons drop in.

smobo
    Participant

I really really want an option to disable target locking and auto-aim. Just have the arrows/magic go straight from my crosshair with no targeting. I play a lot of FPS games and I feel like I’m fighting against the auto-targeting system when I try to fight things. The combat would feel more organic and put the player in control with this option.

Haven’t been playing long so that’s all I’ve got right now. Thanks for reading.

BeeWhisperer
    Participant

Game Modes
    Later in development, seeing as this game has a huge amount of potential, it would be an idea (in my opinion) to have several modes focusing on different aspects of that potential:
    [RPG]
    For example having an RPG style game mode where it has a large skill tree, more classes, NPCs, maybe small settlements and traders, cool quests to slay mini bosses and gather resources and a better and less awkward way to cast spells (currently the toolbar and inventory is quite clunky and small).
    [BUILDING]
    Another gamemode might be a Builder or Explorer game mode which could essentially be a creative mode but more rewarding than simply having everything immediately. Where it’s a lot easier to harvest items and craft and maybe a tool that enables you to fly (for building purposes) or some form of scaffolding mechanic. It would be less boss slaying or fighting-based and let the people enjoy the incredible graphics of the game with a rewarding and relaxing sandbox experience.

Multiplayer and Servers
    An idea I have might be to have a multiplayer or server option where each player has a private island to build a castle on and show off their skills without other people being able to build on it (unless permitted), but also be able to trade with other players by meeting in a more communal resource level full of ores and trees and mobs. My idea for this communal level is, if you remember the old pre-minecraft Cave Game, it could be like that, where it’s a decent enough for several people to go there and explore and mine without encountering each other and it could also replace stone blocks with ores every once in a while so people can go back to it. Maybe servers could have boss events that you would need more than one or two people to defeat and have awesome loot (different to everyone so it doesn’t have some Hunger-Games murder race aspect). This would create a reason for players to work together and if a timer is added til the event then people could spend some time preparing themselves and crafting potions and spells to help and give to each other, appreciating the great Legend of Zelda/MMORPG combat system.

Weapons and Items/Scrolls
    Another suggestion, especially for Multiplayer, would be adding some form of attribute or customisation options to weapons and tools that would give more unique gameplay to each individual player, and an incentive to trade special crafting scrolls that allow different buffs to a weapon such as better attack speed, range, homing projectiles, area damage, poison or fire damage, maybe one that steals the enemy’s HP and gives it to you? Some of these scrolls could be of different rarities from boss drops to drops from mining ores to normal enemy drops. This would make each player different, also making them one-time use would lead to their value increasing and players being made to be careful of what they add the scroll to. Not only would this give the game variety but also give player’s an incentive to keep improving their weapons and tools even after they hit the best craftable weapons.

I realise this is a huge thing and would take a while to implement, but they are after all just guidelines you could use to fuel your own ideas, nevertheless I love this game and think what you’re doing is incredible.

PsychoMech
    Participant

Hello!
    I ask me to forgive for my English 🙂
    So, my suggestion is to make “cross” multiplayer gameplay (like at No Man’s Sky), where you travel from one island to another and have a chance to meet other players, who have a luck to travel to as same island as you. However it won’t be a big chance.
    It will be interesting and help to improve a game’s plot. But I guess it may cause some difficulties in server hosting for the full world size.
    Just think about it.

tommasteragent
    Participant

Hi
    i wanna make a request if you can add a sprint function so were able to sprint and maybe you can add a sprint bar
    cuz sprinting for unlimited time seems a lil bit OP

thank you and i hope you will reply
    greetings Tommasteragent]

(maybe sorry for my bad english its not my native lang)

PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

Hi everyone! We’re pleased to announce that controller support is coming to Portal Knights in Update v 0.4.0! We know this is something our community have been asking for since launch and our dev team have been working flat out to get this ready for you guys. Update v 0.4.0 is scheduled for release next Tuesday (31st May) so not long to wait now 🙂 Not only that, but you’ll also notice that we’ve tweaked the combat system. We know auto-aim isn’t for everyone, which is why we’ll be giving our players the option to enable or disable it.

pknightsplayer123
    Participant

Hello there,

I really like this game, but in my opinion it lacks certain features to make it interesting for a longer period of time.
    There is no real goal in this game, which makes it to player such as myself unappealing.

You could argue, that the goal is to advance further in the portal worlds, but this alone is not satisfactory. This is especially not a challange, because the enemies are too easy. It ruins the gameplay for me, because there is no point in upgrading your equipment anymore. My suggestion here would be, to implement a bar in the settings which allows you to set the difficulty of the enemies yourself. Thereby, you enable the player to choose for him- or herself how difficult the enemies should be.

Further suggestions I would recommend, in order to improve gameplay and keep the player challanged:
    – more (and diversed!) quests, which are rewarded with highly useful recepies or items. Examples: Build up a fort and defend it against attackers; find and defeat a specific enemy in time; capture pigs and domesticate them; try to get to point x in time.
    – punishment for death (you loose expierence/items; could be enabled/disabled in settings)
    – no immediate repawn on death but time for coop player to revive you (could be enabled/disabled in settings)
    – respawn of enemies on death (maybe not all of them, but about 80% chance of respawn; could be enabled/disabled in settings)
    – difficulty bar in settings (see above)

also important:
    – your character should be uploaded into steam cloud, so that you can play with the same character on multiple computers. I also wanted to play it on my notebook, but my character wasn’t there.

Best regards,
    pknightsplayer123

patoman
    Participant

Multiplayer is what seems to be lacking. Say a simple group up with people isn’t possible and have to add people ahead of time. Would be great to just have easy way to group or explore with peeps.

And with that some kind of end game or player interaction. Mabey have the player set home island be the one that competes with other ones, say others try and run and explore it like a sort of dungeon which could set a sort of unending end game.

Of course trade would be cool too, mabey even create an interesting interaction of people trading one good for another for building things for eachother.

guaamarals
    Participant

I’m using google translator

Could have larger islands, not the scale of the United States, but only bigger, you know, the islands are very small, and could also be a way to play with other network users, minecraft style, please do happen, this game has everything to be number 1

RobRendell
    Participant

An escalating series of mobility-increasing items which make moving around the worlds easier (and more fun) would add a lot to the game, I feel. At the moment, the only mobility items we have is the good old stack of dirt blocks to pole up or bridge across to things, plus the various picks to dig through things. While it’s possible to get everywhere just using those two, it can become cumbersome. Items which granted increased mobility in interesting ways would be satisfying and fun to use, giving a feeling of progress as you get around worlds much faster and with less fuss than you did before, and eventually being able to e.g. mine valuable ores and gems in positions which were previously too much effort to reach.

I’m imagining these new mobility items needing to be in-hand to work, rather than providing passive benefits from just being in your inventory or being worn in place of pieces of armour. I think that would be easier to code, not require additional keys to use, and be more obvious to players how to use them. Also, if a player has to have the item in-hand to use it, they can’t trivially get somewhere inaccessible and rain destruction down on enemies with their weapons. Of course, you can do that currently with a column of dirt anyway, but no reason to make it easier.

The new items could come in tiers of increasing utility:

• Something that allowed you to double-jump (jump a second time while in mid air). Boots of leaping come to mind, but contradict the idea of needing to be a hand-held item. Something like Terraria’s shiny red balloon would make sense as a hand-held item, but feels a bit out of place in Portal Knights.
    • “Climbing claws” that allow you to cling to the side of an adjacent block… you could climb a cliff by a sequence of jump-cling-jump-cling instead of poling up on a column of dirt.
    • Something like the hookshot or longshot from the Zelda games or Terraria’s grappling hook: a hook on a chain/rope which you can shoot out to a fixed range and if it hits a block, the character is hauled along after it (and clings there until they jump or fire it again).
    • Wings or a one-person magic carpet that allows flight. There could even be different tiers of these… they might start off just allowing gliding/slow-falling, then a limited numbers of flaps (using the jump key) to boost upwards again before you have to land, then finally ones with unlimited flaps/boosts. Maybe there should be a short grace period after switching away from these sorts of items before falling, so you can quickly place a block and so build something to land on near ore/gems on the undersides of worlds.

You could even have multiple styles of items in each tier, to better suit different character styles. There might be spell (“skill”) equivalents – a Spider Cling spell for the climbing claws, a Blink spell for the grappling hook, and a Fly spell for wings. They wouldn’t have to be directly equivalent either – Blink might start with the target block and search vertically up for the first open space in range to teleport to, so it’s better than the grappling hook for getting on top of things but less good for reaching ores and gems in ceilings to mine, for example. The Ranger’s equivalent of the grappling hook could be a line they can shoot which creates a tightrope between where they’re standing and the target block, which anyone (or perhaps only anyone with a high enough Dex) can then run along.

Seseau
    Participant

Hey guys, just bought the game!

First, the game looks incredibly, incredibly fun. And the world is absolutely gorgeous; the screenshots and videos really don’t do the game justice on that point.

I think I’m going to join many of the posters here in saying that it would be absolutely mindblowingly fun if you added dedicated servers of some sort. Perhaps not random servers one can join à la Counter-Strike or so, but persistent worlds made by players and which we can access at all times.

For example, a player can make a large universe and then other players can join, play and have fun in the long term in that world. You can limit to to 20 or 40 or whichever number, but I do think something larger than 4 is necessary. It’s perfectly possible to maintain small-scale gaming with 20, 40 or even 100 players in a large world.

And you wouldn’t even need to add a server listing or anything; you can use Steam Discussions or your forum to add a sticky with known, popular game worlds where people can play. Hubs of sorts. That way, people who want to do that will do it, and people who want to play in smaller groups of 2, 3 or 4 can continue business as usual.

I understand this suggestion has been made A LOT, and that your response to it has been consistent; but I really feel that this particular decision is limiting the obviously great potential of the game.

I do hope you’ll at least acknowledge and consider this! 🙂

Cheers!

Kolz07
    Participant

Hi All,

I find the UI very clunky in portal Knights, especially when using chests.

My suggestion (I apologise if this has been mentioned already)

Is that when I look at one of my chests, a speech bubble overlay appears with a list of its contents.
    Even if the list is the item icons with a number next to each icon indicating the amount of that item.
    I think this would make the UI much more bearable without having to overhaul it entirely.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Avatar Kolz07.
    daflon
    Participant

Hello!

I’m here to suggest that we could create a Shared Universe. It would be a Universe that only the friends that you allow will access and they can access that universe by their own, without the “creator/owner” of the universe, because everyone will “own” the universe, they will share that universe. I suggest this because me and my brothers are not always at the same time playing the game, but we want to build a house, mine and everything else, without needing the owner/creator of the universe be online…

Sorry for bad english, not my native language.

Awesome game! congrats!
    bye.

killermonth
    Participant

Hey Developers!

I was wondering if this game would be playable on a Apple Computer. I was going to buy it when it came out but later realised that it was only for PC.

Thanks

joaojcpj
    Participant

This text was translated using translator.

Thing missing in the game:

* Option of Split, be able to share the items in quantities.

* Appear the buff and debuff time on the screen.

* The chests have password to open, thus avoiding theft items

* Have the option to leave the world open to anyone, it is very important because most people would know without being of my groups of friends and password in the chests would not run the risk of being stolen

And in conclusion I think the game would be cool if it was just one more world with portal to the boss. For this and what complicates me, play with my friend while I want to make my home in the game he wants to farm so I am forced to go along with it because of to not play in different worlds at the same time 🙁

NwaDeKoko
    Participant

Hello, my suggestion is to be able to change quickslots for only one character and that the changes doesn’t apply to other characters on the same account. The way I play is different considering the class, and I have to change my keyboard settings everytime I switch character. If you could do something for this, would be nice 🙂

Tillweed
    Participant

My kids and I play this often together. The only thing that comes up on a regular basis is the ability to travel independent of one another. Many, Many…. Many times it has been an issue where one person wants to go gather resources to help the others who are working on our home on our island base. PLEASE 🙂 This has been asked many time before and I’d just like to make the suggestion again. I would really open up the game play for small groups. Also if the players could be bumped to 6 that would be super cool. currently 1 person in our family always has to sit out and watch due to limited to 4 players. (I guess someone has to keep us fed :))

Thanks!

DSMK2
    Participant

Just played for a bit, it has been quite enjoyable so far. I’m playing with manual camera lock option enabled and here’s my feedback regarding such:

– Click to lock on needs to be more broad (i.e. a vision cone):
    My camera is facing the target, the target is in front of my character, but I cannot lock on to the target without directly placing the reticule dot over it. Hitting the camera lock button should lock on to the target closest to the screen reticle, at least within a range of it

Alternatively, hitting tab (to change targets) should lock on to the nearest valid target in the camera’s view to the reticle.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Avatar DSMK2.
    Zionine
    Participant

My wife and I play this game quite a bit together and I think it’d be great if there were missions to build NPC’s some houses! And then possibly a nice reward for doing so! It’s slightly like the Terraria model, but more so to add to the story line as to these Knights helping out the inhabitants. The quests feel a bit bleh, at the moment and adding more to the monsters and battle system doesn’t do too much for it.

2 cents deposited!

Aaron007
    Participant

Hi there,

I really love playing Portal Knights and i wish it all the best in its further development! I think that the game is beautifully made and has a lot of potential. Here are just some of my suggestions:

1. Add bobbing to first player mode as to make it seem like the player is actually walking and not gliding across the world
    2. Add bigger towns with markets and a possibility to either rent or buy houses from NPCs
    3. This one is an obvious one but even more biomes and islands would be great (ie. underwater world (craftable diving costume), candyland world, cloud (sky) biome, dark forest biome, tropical biome etc.)
    4. Pet ideas – camels (rideable), dogs, horses (rideable), pigs, dolphins (underwater world)
    5. Farm animals such as cows, sheep, chickens that you can get resources from like milk for making cakes or pies
    6. Expand chest sizes (a copper chest which holds less that your personal inventory seems very unrealistic)
    7. Add the ability to swim rather than just jump in water
    8. Add different transport like rideable pets, horse carriages, ships, boats as well as air transport like flying carpets and eagles

Thank you for taking your time and reading my suggestions!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Avatar Aaron007.
    Venny
    Participant

Hello All,

First of all: Great game – enjoying it a lot. A few suggestions mostly cosmetic.

1. Hide/show Helmet/hat: At the moment this setting seems to be global and changing it for one character changes it for all of them. I would prefer to be able to change this setting per character. Only takes me 10 seconds to change it when I switch characters, so not a high priority, but would be nice.

2. Weapon skins: This might be a pain to implement and doesn’t add a lot to the game, but like above, it’d be ‘nice’ to have. Swapping the appearance of 1 weapon for another. For example, I’m not a fan of the appearance of the ‘crystal’ Bows. My personal fave is the Golden Longbow (Suna?). If I could make my end-game weapons look prettier, I’d like to. This would naturally need some kind of limitation – Making a longbow look like a broadsword, would be a no-no.

3. Cosmetic armour drops – Bumblebee, Jester, etc. Don’t know about anyone else, but I’m finding it quite difficult to find a full set of any these clothing sets which exist to look cool. The only 1 I’ve actually managed to complete (not counting Fluffy) is Bumblebee – and even that is by having different parts of the set learned by different characters. If the drop rate for these could be raised (slightly, don’t want it too easy), that’d be cool.

4. Water Pumps & Drains: I find them, but I can’t steal them and I can’t make them. Being able to would be fun! It would allow for Custom-made fountains, lakes, rivers, ponds and swimming pools. Alternatively some way to drop/use the “water” item we’re already able to collect in order to accomplish something similar (although, no rivers that way).

5. The means of re-generating an Island (minus quests & portals). The reason I suggest this is in consideration of users (like me) who don’t have the best systems in the world and so play on small or medium universes. There simply isn’t enough Raw Angel Diamond and Titanium, now yes, I can ‘farm’ certain monsters and bosses for these materials (and in fact, I do) but that feels like its the wrong way-around. A time-limited reset of any given island (say once every 96 hours?) would allow users like me to gather all the materials we want & need, without having to run through the entire game multiple times, or endlessly killing the final boss for 2-10 titanium a pop (which I did, until I realised the Egyptian tomb island gives more).

5a. If the above is implemented an ‘are you sure you want to continue?’ button is a must. I might permanently rage-quit the game if I accidentally ‘reset’ the island with my main base & storage. (Note to self: Distribute storage).

6. Character & Universe back-up / Steam synchronisation. I’ve invested/enjoyed quite a bit of time playing this game now and it occurs to me that if my somewhat aged laptop were to ‘kick the bucket’ I’d be without my painstakingly built home and stockpiles of loot. – I’m sure if I went looking for my character & universe files, I could create my own backup easily enough, but having some kind of automatic back-up or steam synch would be nice.

7. On classes: They might need tweaking. Maybe have an idea as to what each class is meant to be? With a Knight, Ranger, Mage trio it’s typically Tank, Sustainable DPS & Burst DPS – but my mage can easily out-do my Ranger in all 3 categories: More Health, more mana, stronger spells and more damage/second from the basic attack. I dunno, maybe I’m just not good at playing a ranger, but they don’t seem balanced right now and I think it mostly comes down to the perks/talents – there’s one in particular for the Ranger which is effectively useless: increasing either melee damage or spell damage.

8. For furniture/storage items: An indication on the crafting menu how many inventory spaces that piece of furniture has – experimentation is a quick teacher, knowing how much space each chest will provide helps me to decide if I should blow my small stockpile of gold on chests or scrounge some titanium to get the space I actually need.

9. Crafting ‘Search’ box. Particularly for cosmetic items and some furniture pieces, I can’t always remember if I need the workbench or the drafting table. There are some other examples where this would be handy, but you get the idea. A free-text field to allow a quick search of crafting options would be nice. Alternatively, or additionally, some kind of filter, so I can look at just my list of Rings, vanity items or craftable light sources.

10. Crafting timer. Each item you craft has a certain amount of time required and a progress bar. Usually a quick bit of mental arithmetic is sufficient to know how long my 200 stone bricks will take to complete, or to divide the time by a third if the circle is at ‘4 o-clock’. Still a timer showing how much longer the batch would take would – like all of my suggestions – be nice.

11. Character and/or Universe name changer. I recently destroyed my carefully designed home and re-set my progress across the islands because the investment of time, care and imagination seemed deserving of a title more suitable than ‘universe 1’. Probably should have changed it when I first started playing, but when I first started playing I didn’t care. This might be another indication of my being slightly compulsive, but being able to change the name of the universe rather than start-over would have been a nice middle-ground, even if it cost me 20 Energy orbs. Same principle applies to characters.

Also, a +1 to a suggest I saw elsewhere, the ability to label, or name chests & containers. It would make finding all the stuff I’ve hoarded much easier.

Other than all that, just ‘more’ please!

Thanks for reading & for such an enjoyable game.

– Ven

TCmarie
    Participant

I’m sure someone has mentioned this somewhere, but in case no one has, looting, in my personal opinion with friends is much to be desired. We can share exp which is great, but when it comes to the loot only one of something drops, so its not like you can trade between everyone. I think there needs to be more of a variety of drops or duplicates to match how many participated, especially in boss fights. At the very least I think we shouldn’t be able to pick up others loots, like how other games have each players drops be there own, that way when your killing enemies your friend doesn’t waltz up and take your gold and the stuff that was dropped.

I’m sure you are working on this as well but with the new updates being able to swim would be nice, admittedly its rather amusing when I get stuck under water and have to teleport back to the landing pad.

The loot drop is my only complaint, we either need separate drops or more variety of the same items. I hope my phrasing wasn’t insanely confusing.

Ganjageezer
    Participant

Wrong thread, sorry! Only excuse i’ve got is that it’s late here xD

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Ganjageezer.
    Cillic
    Participant

I would also love it if we could make our own server even if it was only for 4 players it would make it so, my friend and I could come and go, as we wanted, we don’t always have the same schedule

eXawSt
    Participant

-I’d love to see map markers. Since we are unable to grow all plants on a single world, I would really like to see map markers where we can set multiple “home bases” or maybe call them “outposts”? Something on the level icon that says hey, I have a base/farm here.

-to go with that, I would also like to see custom portals that we can build and place in our bases, so that when you walk in/on them, you get teleported to your other outposts without having to deal with the map.

Both of those are quality of life suggestions. It makes life easier in game. It also is much easier on return players. If you dont play for a week or 2, or even longer, you`ll still remember where all your stuff is and be able to go there with ease.

-Individual loot from enemies would be nice. When you’re a ranged class, fighting co-op with a knight, you rarely get any drops except experience. It’s good the xp is shared. I’d like to see that extended further to things like recipes and what not. I hate waiting for leftovers from whatever my friend doesnt want, or waiting till they get duplicates.

-Indicators for learned recipes. I’d really like to see an icon (a star, or border) on the recipe image in my inventory for whether I know it or not. I never remember if i already know it, so i constantly have to put it in my quick bar then try and use it to see if i already know it.

-Being able to use a recipe from your inventory. Right clicking and selecting “Learn” or “use” would be nice.

-An easier way to transfer items from my inventory to the chests. Shift clicking and/or a quick deposit button that will deposit all items that are already in the box.

-Box organization. Would be really cool if we could get some hovering icons over the chests, or a label ON the chest (not a sign beside it) that says whats in it for easy sorting. Not just labels though. If there were options for what you want to quick deposit into the box, that would be even better. For instance, right cliking the box and saying it only accepts building blocks. Dirt, rock, etc. Then when you use the quick deposit, even if you dont have any in there already, it will take all the building blocks from your inventory and put them into the box.

Really loving the game though. Just hope to see more quality of life improvements. Cant wait to see it progress.

Bones
    Participant

These suggestions will be about establishing a nice home.
    I understand if you want players to bounce between worlds all the time, but I think some players don’t want to, where others might not mind doing so…
    So for those who don’t mind putting in a little extra work on their home, I want to suggest the following.

1. Sort of like the Protection Stones, Biome Stones. Where within the Block Radius, the Biome would chance to another type. The Type of Biome could be controlled by either Crafting a particular Biome Stone, or what you place inside of the Biome Stone to activate it. This could be a Portal Stone + Another Item Recipe. It could be found rarely in Chests or something, encouraging to play through the maps more as well.

2. NPC Contracts. This one is pretty straight forward. After encountering an NPC You’ll be able to Contract them where you please. Now obviously not every NPC will be able to be contracted. I was thinking a few ways this could be possible. Idea A, would be outright “buying their business” so you can relocate it. This would just require lots of Money, and I find this one a little boring. Idea B however, would be Completing a Quest from them and getting a Reward to Move them.. Idea C, Monsters & Chests on the Map could have a certain Drop Chance to drop an NPC Contract, and this Contract item would be able to be used on an NPC to sort of “capture” said NPC, and have them be relocated.. Meaning you could replace them over and over again if needed, however you’d need to find more Contracts if you wanna move them lots because you can not settle on a good location.

-These suggestions come from a player with all 3 Classes level 30, Can Solo HM Bosses with all Classes, and Has Over 100+ Hours Played.

inception
    Participant

Hello everyone,

let me first start by sayig that i dont really play rpg games, but this game is addicting as hell. Great graphics, good combat system, diverse worlds, its just really hours of fun. My suggestion would be 2 things.
    1. Pvp
    2. allowing more players per server
    I feel that these will greatly improve the state of the game. Pvp would add a great and fun element to the game where players could have fun trying out different builds and ways to fight opponents in some sort of arena for prizes. The game is fantastic and dont take this the wrong way, but after a while, it will be a bit of the “rinse and repeat” feeling. Already I have logged on 80 hours in 4 days. Going on to my second point I believe adding a few more slots per server would be great. I’m sure I can speak for alot of people that this game is great to play in a group. I have around 9 friends that play this already and its tough because we have to split up or someone will have to sit out. I think 6 players at the most would still leave the server in a stable state. (I could be wrong but that is something that could obviously be tested before being released.) However, aside from these suggestion the developers and the social media manager on twitter are doing a fantastic job. Honestly thank you guys.

-inception

okamibanshu21
    Participant

Not sure if this is the right place, but its the only area i saw suggestions so here i go. I’m playing on ps4, and these are the only real issues i’ve come across.

1: Privacy to stop Piracy. I joined a community in the hopes of finding some peeps to play the game with and have fun. Instead, i got a peace of ….a moron who came into my game and stole my stuff. With no ability to kick, block, or otherwise stop people from doing such things, it really make sme worried to bother with online, for fear of loosing out on all my hard work. So, the thought here is two fold. 1a: Private/Invite only setting. 1b: Manual save. The effect this would have on the game would be, some dufus comes into your public game and steals from you, well i just saved when i saw his name, or a few moments ago. Gasp! he stole my rare items, reload and your good.

2: This isn’t a NEED so much as a want. I’d love to see more. 3 boss’s are cool, but I’ve only gotten to the first one, and i’m holding back from the 2nd, as soon as i found out i can get portal pieces from mining gems much faster then monsters, it took the fun out of pushing to a boss. What took me over an hour to even see the boss symbol the first time, can now be done in roughly 10 15 minutes, depending on monster’s getting in the way. with a name like Portal Knights, who’s to say our world we start on, is the only one? I know it would be rough, but it would be so epic to find other worlds with more boss’s, new biomes and materials :D, maybe some that aren’t as fractured, not to upset if this doesn’t make it, but would be cool.

3: No class system. This is a personal request, because i would LOVE to just go nuts. Wanna be a knight with a crosbow? Sure! Wanna be a mage with armor, sure! Just be nice to mix and match, can’t tell ya how many times a ranged weapon, without a limit, would ahve been nice to handle some enemies on my warrior…like those buggers who keep setting me on fire! >< blah lol.

ok thats all i got ^_^, for such a new game, i’m amazed my only real complaints are related to a public loby i can control access to. Otherwise, its all wishes i’d love to see added 😀 Love the game, can’t wait to see what else comes out, oh! and ya know, if you wanna throw out combat pets, that wouldn’t hurt either, Wink 😛

Jenssons
    Participant

i think mods could help

it would help the game live longer and people could make a mod of some thing no one thought to suggest and that could give some update ideas

i do suggest if there are mods you got to allow players to be able to add custom models and add a workshop so it would be easy for people to install the mods so they can play co-op with mods much easier

Jenssons
    Participant

also guys it is possible to drop items on the ground for friends i do it the hole time with friends (just drag it out of your inventory)

Amscram
    Participant

I just bought the PS4 version of PK. Thank you for all your hard work! I’m seriously loving your game, except for the fact that the gameplay is far too easy. The game could be so much better if only dying felt like a real punishment.

Will you please add a “survivor difficulty” option for people who love PK but want more challenge?

1. Greatly increase fall damage. I want to be afraid of falling longer distances; falling in this game should not feel like god mode.
    2. Make death HURT. (Perhaps losing MORE money, and also having to trek back to get dropped items upon death would be a big improvement here. Durability on items reducing by 80% on death would also be a great addition.)
    3. Mobs already hit strong enough (but survivor mode should boost their other stats somewhat).
    4. Add environment damage to the player caused by temperature (hot islands cause over heating, cold islands cause frost bite, etc.) Or in other words, environmental debuffs so that playing on different islands require different strategies. Such as, wearing warm clothes, standing near a fire for a certain time, standing in water to cool off, etc. Or simply learning to adapt to the temporary debuff while there.
    5. Consider adding a hunger meter since there is so much food to be found in the game (don’t add stamina or thirst meters, as that would be more annoying than challenging). In other words, the player would have “durability” (hunger) like weapons do. When depleted, you don’t die, you just grow weaker until you eat again.
    6. Add diseases/curses that can be contracted from being hurt by certain enemies. Debuffs again. Rabies? Curse of Slower Attack? Curse of recklessly fast running? Double Vision disease?
    7. Add traps! (And the ability of the ranger to detect/disarm poison/nature traps, the mage can detect/disarm magic traps, and the warrior can detect/disarm physical traps. Group playing will be more important than ever!)

To sum it up, falling KILLS, dying is PAINFUL, and the player spends a lot of the time trying to prevent or cure debuffs that would give the player a serious disadvantage.

Please consider adding this option. I really want to feel like I am living in the world of PK, not playing a casual Lego Worlds sandbox (god mode) game.

LynnDoMer
    Participant

I know it’s not alot, but I have around 30 hours on record for playing the game and have about three runs through the whole thing. The issue that I’m having is the fact that no matter what there is no continuation to the game after the last boss. That’s by far the only issue, if there was some way to continue after that point it’d be a blessing. Maybe include more randomly generated islands that branch off of the ones you’ve already made. If you were to build another portal at the second island that portal would lead to an island of the same or similar area. It’s only so that you’re able to continuously mine and gather materials that are normally a one time spawn, like ores and such. After the first few runs through someone will get bored rather quickly. Especially on their own. A continuation of the leveling isn’t necessary, but instead just more randomized worlds maybe each new spawn getting harder and harder?

WolfgaMoza
    Participant

It would be really neat to see a sorting button in the inventory, I often see that there are patches of empty space randomly about my inventory, it’s a bit annoying to have to sort items manually.

math368
    Participant

I wish we could swim in the water
    that we remove the limitation level level 30 and what happens to the level 100 of the hump every 10 level of the mini hump in dungeon like king of the slime skeleton king king mummy king ghost king pirate king bat king of the flower he is much bigger with more of life and stronger and we will find in all the dungeon
    add the posibil for the fate of spell spell type poison light fire water ice darkness lava we are out for enchanted our weapon which the damage of fate of the element we saw added the table craft of the magician
    add full new island and biome

Lorz
    Participant

Greetings
    My friend and I have played the game since Early Access, pretty much since day 1. We´ve played every class and pretty much discovered everything. And we´re very glad that you guys kee releasing new content, so thanks for that! Now we´d like to make some suggestions:
    – Nr.1: I´ve looked into the forums and I don´t think anyone has mentioned this yet. If it has been brought up before or even declined, I´m sorry, I´ve missed it.
    There should be something like a duel-mode. An option like PvE or PvP, that I can turn on/off, so I can fight with other players. That would be really entertaining in my opinion and I´d like to hear your feedback on this thought.
    – Nr.2: Has been mentioned a lot, but a more detailed class system would be amazing. Engineer, Necromancer, something like that. If you´d branch out the warrior/mage/hunter theme a bit more, you could get some nice abilities to play around with.

Those are the main things the game needs at the moment, in our opinion
    Thanks for your consideration, would love to read your response
    Have a nice day

JustKeith
    Participant

Delete

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Avatar JustKeith.
    JustKeith
    Participant

For my post I have a video

But here is my list

Portal knights suggestions

Useful animals
    More life in the skies
    Technology of some sort
    Sprint
    Lock on from farther away
    Engagement for warrior
    Dash for rogue
    Cloak for wizard
    More classes
    Play with all portal knights players not just your friends
    Hub worlds
    Interactive signs

https://youtu.be/VAlls-HuV-c

In the video there is a top 10 list that I go over in more detail, I recorded it early this morning before work so I apologise for whispering at times, but Audacity helped a lot.

Jaremii
    Participant

These have probably been a widely suggested list of suggestions, but here it goes.

1. Dedicated Servers – I hate the fact that I have to wait for my friend to wake up and want to play just so I can continue building and exploring our shared world. I don’t want to start over on a new world just to scratch an itch.
    2. Separate weapons from hotbar to equipment – I don’t want to have to keep swapping from sword to blocks to torch to whatever else all the time. Just have weapon left click and placing objects be right click.
    3. Fewer enemies at night – I feel like at night having both day time enemies and night time enemies spawn all over the place can be overwhelming. Especially when i’m out alone just trying to gather materials. Maybe have day time enemies despawn at night and they can just swap out. I understand night time is supposed to be harder but it just feels like me fighting off enemies all night as I try to gather 1 block of ore.
    4. Sprint – Maybe have dodge be double tap in direction and add sprint.
    5. Change loading screen – I can’t be the only one who can’t stand to look at the loading screen for more than a few seconds. It’s seizure inducing. Maybe add an option to just show a picture or something.
    6. UI – The main problem I have with the current UI is that it feels clunky and hard to navigate at times. Especially the hotbar. Using mousewheel in the hotbar is basically useless. I don’t have a controller even connected to my PC and yet some of the UI is asking me to press RB or LB and stuff.

Thanks, that’s all.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Avatar Jaremii.
    Antagonis
    Participant

I don’t know if this has been suggested, but I would LOVE to be able to put up a portal that I can travel between set points, I like to build way up in the sky, and I don’t like sky stairs, they ruin the look, being able to set up a portal on the ground and one in the sky and link them with say, red portal bricks or something would be really awesome, love the game

Oh and adding some symmetric doors, I also like to build Castles and would love to be able to place a door in the middle of say, a 13×13 brick tower, dead center double doors in a 3 brick gap. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Avatar Antagonis.
    dragonskullinc
    Participant

Hey there! Love the game thus far but there are some issues I am having. I like to play warriors usually and sadly anything that flies I cannot hit unless I make a bow or learn a ranged spell. This is kind of counter intuitive. Would it be possible to add the ability to jump in combat? Maybe remap the key for rolling/dodging to Shift, and keep jump space? I think this would help smooth out the combat.

Also the combat camera is great….but again being a warrior we aggro a bunch of things, usually all at the same time. The combat cam is great for long range characters and support so they can focus on singular targets, but for us warriors we can and regularly do hit multiple enemies at once. I would be nice to be able to disable that function. A sudo work around currently is to just un-focus the camera but as soon as you hit someone it automatically re-focuses. Which for tanking….which warriors are generally designed for and what this game appears to use them for somewhat (looks like a lot of their stuff gives HP) then might be a good idea to somehow disable that camera function.

I think thats about it for the combat camera nothing game breaking, but does make it a little difficult.

For the camera while harvesting Ive noticed that if you are under a tree and trying to harvest something it just swings and swings but hits nothing until you either go to first person mode or move to another side of the object. This isnt game breaking but can be annoyance if you are trying to harvest things.

tmleavitt
    Participant

Since there are many people arguing about how there is no endgame, I think it would be cool if they added roguelike content to the end; such as having no maximum level and infinite worlds where everything is randomly generated for higher players. Just an idea, not so sure.

Dodgecole1
    Participant

I like that idea, but there needs something more, farming portal blocks gets way to repetitive and tedious. there needs to be more than just doing the same thing as we are and just scaling it infinitely. But there definitely needs to be something more for end game, because just, farming extra mats and building isnt going to cut it.

crumbcakes
    Participant

I’ve just started playing Portal Knights and I love the style and overall polish of the game but I instantly disliked the fact that I cannot move and attack at the same time (i’m playing a mage). This feels like i’ve lost control of my player while enemies move in closer and attac mek.

I don’t know if other people feel the same way but I know this would make combat feel WAAAAAY better.

Exius
    Participant

I agree, sometimes when attacking I try to dodge and can’t and then get hit by mobs.
    Being able to attack and move would improve combat.

Shintome
    Participant

While I agree with this suggestion, I think it should only be this way for Rangers or anyone using a bow as you pretty much have to lead your shots anyway from what I’ve seen. I like the dodging mechanism for the Mage but I think it would make playing a ranger easier and more attractive.

Exius
    Participant

It would be good if players can travel separately through portals.

Example:

I want to go mine some iron ore.
    My friend wants to carry on building the house.
    I go through portal to get iron ore, my friend is forced to come with me.

It would be much better if we can all travel to different areas if we need to.

Nerdmuchdotcom
    Participant

YES! My wife and I agree. She wants to build, I want to farm.

GamerX
    Participant

I agree, this would be amazing. Also, the info for what port the game uses being somewhere would be nice as my friend can connect to me hosting fine but not vice-versa.

McCoucky
    Participant

A really good idea for the coop lovers. From time to time I want to stop farm and take the time to create my own home. but my friend is a hardcore farmer so I need to follow up ^^.

DRayX
    Participant

I realize this will probably be a non-trivial change, but it would be awesome.

Raupenzauber
    Participant

It would be good if players can travel separately through portals.

Example:

I want to go mine some iron ore.
    My friend wants to carry on building the house.
    I go through portal to get iron ore, my friend is forced to come with me.

It would be much better if we can all travel to different areas if we need to.

Yes, same “problem” here with my friends.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Raupenzauber.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by PK_CM505 PK_CM505.
    Elwingia
    Participant

On a crée avec des potes un mini-jeux sur Portal Knigts, une bonne détente et du fun après des heures de farm.
    Jeu qui ressemble au spleef de minecraft!
    N’hésite pas à dire ton avis dans les commentaires et à t’abonner si un futur let’s play en couple t’intérèsse.
    A bientôt 😀

We create with friends mini-games on Portal Knigts, good relaxation and fun after hours of farm.
    Game resembling Spleef of minecraft!
    Do not hesitate to say your opinion in the comments and if you subscribe you can see the future let’s play a couple interested.
    Soon 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocYi6bCMmFc

McCoucky
    Participant

L’idée reste amusante, et le baton en cuivre apporte une nouvelle profondeur au spleef. Les ressources sont relativement rapide à avoir donc le mini jeu est très vite accessible. Revisité les classics des mini jeux des voxels games ça a toujours du bon. Très bonne idée.

Petit commentaire pour la vidéo : Attention aux insultes lors de l’enregistrement. Et parler normalement et clairement reste toujours plus agréable à écouter que de donner un genre à notre voix lorsque l’on veut parler 😉 faire attention à ces deux petites choses et tes vidéos seront plus facile à regarder et à écouter. Bonne continuation

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar McCoucky.
    Elwingia
    Participant

Merci à toi déjà pour ton commentaire constructif ça fais plaisir.

Merci pour les conseils, et après avoir re écouter la vidéo c’est vrai qu’il y à pas mal d’insultes qui sortes et on va faire attention à ça^^
    Pour ce qui est de la voix comme tu dis, notre pote parle comme ça tout le temps 😉 il se force pas, mais on va bientôt changer nos micros pour que ça paraissent plus clair et plus agréable aussi à l’écoute.

Merci!

Meekwood
    Participant

I’ve been having an alright time with combat in the game. I can accept that you can’t move and attack at the same time, but one thing you can’t do while attacking is dodge. If your character is in mid-attack animation, the doge won’t go off.
    I would suggest that if we’re not allowed to move and attack, then we should at least be able to have the rolling dodge cancel out the attack and initiate the dodge. I think it would make the dodge feel more responsive.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Meekwood.

This is my signature.

Exius
    Participant

100% agree with this.

Minandreas
    Participant

This is a good idea. Combat feels very clunky and this is part of why.

Given, they would have to speed up the monsters some as well if they did this. They are just as clunky as we are. If we could dodge on a dime but monsters weren’t changed as well, there would be literally no challenge to this game.

crumbcakes
    Participant

I completely agree. There are a bunch of threads about this.Combat feels broken when you are rooted in place. Should be allowed to at the very least dodge, but ideally move around similar to Z targeting in Zelda.

Kaligoth
    Participant

Okay I know I’ve only played a very little time maybe too early to be making these suggestions but just gonna throw it out there.

Difficulty Options Playing many games of this type the difficulty option is always a nice thing to have the problem I see with the current difficulty is it is too easy death is not really a punishment but rather a minor setback to a block but in some cases I can just grab a enemy back to that block nullifying death.

So I purpose the following for difficulty’s
    Easy mode = just the current game at its current state.
    Hard mode = You now loose items where your body was is now a little tomb for you to recover them.
    Hard-core mode = your person no longer exists after death but loot drop rates are increased wile playing in this mode.

So I purpose the following for death
    1)Death like state of weakness where stats will be reduced by 5% for easy mode 10% for hard mode stacking 9 times the olny way to remove the stacks would be to wait 1 min per stack or go back to your home and use a alter or bed type block.

2)When you enter a area at night the hollows gain that 5% for easy mode 10% stats for hard mode you lost stacking 9 times this makes areas harder but there is a bonus there drop rates are increased.

This makes death a punishing factor as it should be no reward should come without risk involved or the game will become boring very quickly.

Now onto how areas can be improved with difficulty and also encourages exploring the map rather then just finding the portal have objective in the form of quests.

Objective types
    1) Kill mini boss monsters that represents a sort of gate keeper have pillars next to the portal to indicate how many need to be killed.

2) Switch’s that once turn on also lights one of the pillars but the switch’s will be traps so spawn a number of monsters.

3) Linked area objectives this one might need some explaining to what I mean basically when starting out your limited to what you can craft have really high level blocks that need tools that you can only get in the late game that can only brake these blocks when you hit a gate near the end game you need to go back to the beginning destroy it to activate the switch for the part you was up too this would encourage back tracking.

Now this is a personal little suggestion have invaders during the point of night time a player can invade another person world as a client in the form of a hollow sure you can disable this option in settings but give it a reward of blocks that drop from a hollow but what this dis-allows a hollow player from doing is destroying blocks they are just there to attack the host player/party as a fun little pvp aspect if the hollow wins they steal a small number of blocks from the player they killed.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Kaligoth.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Kaligoth.
    Nzae
    Participant

1. Make enemies fight eachother sometimes (ex. Hollow Knights fight some of the main biome orinted enemies), random

Make certain enemies innately not like eachother / want to fight with eachtor. Ex. Grunt / Goblins don’t Turtle monsters and sometimes fight them, Hollow Knights randomly attack all other enemy and hate all factions, or Skeleton/Undead enemy sometimes attack Grunt/Goblin/organic enemy.

IDK – I think this would make it interesting. It would have to be done in a way that doesn’t make it easier for the player.

2. Class Evolution or just more classes

Best way to explain this is with examples:

3 starting classes that we have now: Warrior, Mage, Archer

Evolution tree for Warrior:

Warrior (level 1-10) ->
    Class can evolve into:
    Berserker (level 10-20) [Focuses on doing heavy daamge, 2H weapon specialty, big axes, ex]
    Knight (level 10-20) [Focuses on tanking, 1H weapon specailty, shortswords, longswords, ex.]
    Warrior (level 10-20) [Middle of the line between the two, combination of tank/damage]

Mage (level 1-10) ->
    Class can evolve into:
    Priest (level 10-20) [Focuses on using divine arts, healing, light magic]
    Battlemage (level 10-20) [Focuses on being able to take damage while casting spells, ex.]
    Mage (level 10-20) [Focuses on using damage dealing spells instead of healing,ex.]

Archer (level 1-10) ->
    Class can evolve into:
    Crossbowman (level 10-20) [Focuses on using crossbows, doesn’t move fast, snipes from afar ex.]
    Theif (level 10-20) [Focuses on high agility, moving faster, using knives/throwing weapons, ex.]
    Archer (level 10-20) [Middle of the line, can use both throwing weapons and bows from afar ex.]

OR just more classes from the start, instead of evolution:

Warrior
    Knight
    Archer
    Theif
    Mage
    Battlemage

All starting classes, just add more instead of evolution. Knight and Theif classes are essential I think for a game like this. 🙂

These are just examples, hope you get the general idea… Would add so much diversity and be really fun if we had something like this

3. Procedural generated large world gamemode, instead of small fragment worlds we have now. More completely random generation

Not needed, but wold be nice

4. Move when mining but not while fighting, this would be simple. I can see why not moving while in fighting animations is part of the combat system as of now, and I think its fair. But not letting us move while mining/cutting is kind of a time waster and is annoying.

Thanks for reading, let me know any feedback devs or players

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Nzae.
    JustMe76
    Participant

I think that this game would be even more wonderful if it featured split-screen multiplayer. Too few PC games have this, and I think that in addition to adding an addictive social “party game” aspect to the game it would also be a great selling point.

I’d love to be able to sit with my son and family and play the game together – and so would they!

KojiJr
    Participant

Just wanted to agree and say yes please! Local co-op seems to be a dying breed in general and it is very sad.

Blademaster00
    Participant

I love how there is a map dedicated to a boss battle and love how they function, and I feel like you could expand on these singular function maps in many great ways. I have a few examples of what kinds of maps you could make.

Platforming map- You could have some maps sole purpose to be like a platformer, a map that tests your jumping skills and if you get to the end there is chest to reward you for your efforts. I suggest this be in the same map type as a boss map to prevent people from just building bridges, as boss maps you can’t build in them. Now jumping from one platform to another might not be interesting enough, so you could add stuff like arrow shooting blocks that can knock you off and make you fall, or spike blocks, wind pushing you, moving blocks, etc.

PvP Arena Map- This could be a map dedicated PvP, the one place where people can duke it out against each other.

PvE Arena Map- This could be map dedicated to you and friends jumping into a gladiator type arena to fight wave after wave of enemies. You could make enemies infinitely spawn and make it a test of skill to see how many waves you can survive or have set waves and win prizes for beating that maps predetermined amount of enemy waves.

Mini-Boss Map- A map with bosses on a smaller scale than the usual bosses. Bigger versions of the same usual enemies with more health and damage? or maybe a special new enemy.

Puzzle maps- Now this idea may be a bit beyond the scope of the game as it is now, but what if there were maps where you had to solve puzzles? Hit certain switches, step on certain pressure pads, push blocks, etc. It could be as simple as a room with 3 switches and maybe a clue, and if you hit the right switch, the door opens. Hit the wrong switch, enemies spawn. Could be as simple as that.

Now the idea that puts it all together:

Dungeon maps- A map dedicated to dungeons, the different between regular dungeons and dungeon maps is that the whole map is dedicated the dungeon, and that it could incorporate many of the ideas above. Traps, jumping segments, mini bosses, puzzles, etc.

*All of these ideas are under the concept that you can’t mine or build in these maps as well them being infinitely repeatable (it’s kind of bummer to know you have seen all a dungeon offers in terms of rewards.) This helps keep the challenge (not let people people build over jumping parts or just destroy the puzzles or traps.) and gives you an infinite amount of content as you can do it again and again. And maybe even re-randomly generate each time?

**These ideas could also fill the dead ends in the map, the maps that don’t have any portals to find.

Blacksun
    Participant

I agreed good idea

Denca
    Participant

So i just started playing the game yesterday together with my friend took us a while to get multiplayer to work but it did after that we had a lot of fun for the day however there are a few things that bother me and i think that it would be nice if you could change them a bit

For multiplayer it would be quite nice if a player could travel to another world with a portal to farm stuff or just grind xp without dragging along every other player in the server unless its a boss in which case every player would have to go i personally think it would be better that if 1-2 players went to grind while the others stayed to behind to craft or to build the home for the party since it is a bit annoying to have to go through every portal with the entire party.

And i also think portal shards should be a bit harder to get since it makes the game too easy to clear and kind of invokes the feeling of wanting to rush through it since shards are so easy to get you just want to speed open every portal to get to the areas u wanna be in right after opening the first portal of the game i think you should add some stronger monsters that drop the shards or atleast lower their drop rate from current monsters.

And also i think you should try to improve the AI a bit so far me and my friend have been adventuring and we have not once needed to use a potion or food since the attacks are preety much too easy to dodge and quite predictable.

Thanks to everyone who reads this topic and if you agree with me you can show your support in the comments.
    Overall apart from a few of those things that i do not like they do not make me hate the game or anything i still enjoy playing it quite a lot with my friend especially since we do it with voice and we are not going to stop playing the game any time soon this is just my opinion for improving it a bit

Rickythomas90
    Participant

I agree with you on every points you mentioned above. I hope we can see it on the next update as soon.

Riddim
    Participant

Yes improving AI is a must. Playing wizard/archer is an easy kite. Mobs should be able to jump about 4 ou 5 blocks tall or able to deploy blocks so can reach us.

And yes, playing multiplayer we should be able to warp into different places.

Spineshank
    Participant

I totally agree with the portal shards being harder to get, I have so many I can just run to the next portal in a new world and go right through. Also It would be cool if there were worlds were the monsters did not give you portal shards instead they were scattered / hidden throughout the world and to the next area you had to find them. Searching for them in the ground or in dungeons would add a different feel to the game i think, a different aspect other than grinding kills. Just an idea.

It would be great if you could be on different areas in multiplayer also, that seems like something that should be already in the works. Kind of feels like a must.

Ah Ha

Riddim
    Participant

First, I would like to stay that this game is very fluid and very fun to play.

I’m an hardcore sandbox player (games like minecraft/terraria/etc) and this game have a lot of potencial.
    Very good for early stage, tons of content, different mobs, biomes, craft, etc. Money well spend.

Suggestions and thoughts:

I guess the priorities are:

Split Stack: Playing solo or co-op its an huge need to be able to split drops/mats.
    Drop Items: A default key to drop an item into the floor, instead of deleting it or store in a chest so your mate can pick it up.
    Crafting Tools: Sometimes can be very confusing where i’ve to craft the specific item. Example, when you go to an Altar you should only be able to see Spells & Potions, Anvil weapons, etc.
    Chests: Its a bit weird the way we drag item between chest & bag. We should be able to see both in the same view and still drag up and down.
    Dodge: Dodging should be able to cancel our attacks when we attempt to dodge. If that is possible maybe also increase mobs speed/spells.
    Mobs: I like the diffent mobs type, but when are rushing a few portals, I can notice that is the same mob just a little bigger and with a diferent name. Maybe should change the colours a little bit, so we can have the feeling we are progressing.
    Traveling: We should be able to warp into diferent portals, so we can split farm or do different tasks.
    Mob Spawn: I can notice spawn is static. Would be great a way to avoid that. Like mobs wont be able to spawn in wood/stone/minerals block, but also increase spawn rates in Runic/Dungeon blocks.
    HUD: Feel very big. I guess you can lower the squares/menu/font/actionbar sizes.
    Biome: Very good overall, maybe more variaty would be great (inferno biomes very good). Theres one biome that my FPS drops a lot (dont remember the name, but you spawn in a pit and theres angel crystals and magic bolts in that biome)

Other things:
    Light Level: I love the lights/torches in this game. But if you put about 10 or more torches in your base the light STACK a lot! very funny.
    Shields/Quievers/Orb or Book (NEW EQUIP SLOT): Would be a nice thing to have.

Quievers that add specs to the arrows/bolts. (example: fire damage, can ignite or cold damage that slows the mob.
    Shields: Can reflect damage or blocks % damage + defense.
    Orbs: Can increase healing spells or other speels. Can also lightning damage stuns an enemy.

Gathering Resources: I shouldnt be able to harvest trees with pickaxes (maybe with pickaxe you get 1 wood, and with an axe you will get more. Iron pickaxe you need 1 click for coal but 2 clicks for dirt. The same with weapons breaking blocks.

Crafting: Maybe you should include more mats in the recipes, for example, I skip all corps/plants/tree all game (ofcourse not silk) be the rest i dont have the need to grind.

So… what you guys think?

Best regards,
    Riddim

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Riddim.
    Riddim
    Participant

Fall Damage: We need to lose hearts/per “x” blocks
    Death Penalty: We need to lose something when we die.
    Portal Stones: Decrease drop %

Spineshank
    Participant

Agreed Portal stones drop to frequently, making it harder to get to the next world. I feel like I have enough portal stones from every portal in the game and i’m only on world 11.

Ah Ha

Riddim
    Participant

One more request.

In game Chat: Sometimes my baby child is sleeping and I cant speak in my 3rd party programme. And not everyone uses microphones. So would be nice to be possible to write in-game.

Masuto
    Participant

Split Stack YES!
    Drop Items YES!
    Crafting Tools YES!
    Chests YES!
    Mobs YES!
    Traveling YES!
    Death Penalty YES!
    Portal Stones YES!
    In-Game Chat YES!

I think that’s the most important ones.

Pernix
    Participant

Hey Development Team,

So recently I’ve been playing with random people, sort of getting to know the player base. I found that …well anyone invited to your universe can do practically anything they want from help you build it up or even destroy it…. completely. .. Now, I realize that we should be wary of the people we play with and respect others but whats there to stop someone who only wants to take all of your hard earned resources or even just break down your house?

My suggestion? Privacy Settings.

After getting to the Universe screen to pick one of your universes, there would be a settings button right below them, allowing you to customize what visitors/friends can do in your Universe.
    For example there could be check boxes saying:
    { Place/Pick Up/Destroy Blocks [ ]
    Kill NPC’s [ ]
    Craft/Create Objects [ ]
    Trade(if ever becoming a feature) [ ]
    }
    and so on. I’m sure you see what I’m getting at. As much as I love the community so far, there will always be someone that “Just wants to watch [your] world burn”.
    I hope that we may soon be able to protect against that.

Thanks for your consideration.

~Pernix

genkuster91
    Participant

So I am not sure if this has already been brought up but I do believe adding ore respawns is a must. I say that because the high demand for materials to craft stuff warrants the need for ore to respawn after you mine it. Like you can even put a respawn timer on it. Like the higher quality the ore the longer it takes to respawn. Like copper ore takes one game time day and then iron can take two or three game days and so on and so on. Just my thoughts.

I know the game is mainly focused on single player or small group play but alot of players like myself enjoy gathering materials in great numbers and stashing them away for later use.

TheGentleWhiteWolf
    Participant

I’m in agreement with this. Not only would it be more convenient when gathering supplies for crafting, but it also continues to give each new world value. As a player myself, I like gathering different plants/trees/bushes/etc to expand my home garden, and it kind of disturbs me that when I take seeds/wonder wool/whatever else I need from that land, with enough scavenging, the world would essentially become desolate and therefore render it valueless.

Blacksun
    Participant

i agreed

TheKnightArgent
    Participant

Agreed. I suggested something similar HERE.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar TheKnightArgent.
    Chemhound
    Participant

Another simple solution is to allow us to make a special portal stone that will generate a random world with its level reflecting the type of portal blocks used, just make sure to populates with the ore / gems of that level regardless of its biome type. Once we strip the new random world, one last toggle should be added to the portal to close it which will clear the portal blocks and wipe that world permanently, allowing us to make a new world to ravage.

kah600
    Participant

Totally agree. If I can not plant ore then it must go back after a little time.

marsh2907
    Participant

So I am not sure if this has already been brought up but I do believe adding ore respawns is a must. I say that because the high demand for materials to craft stuff warrants the need for ore to respawn after you mine it. Like you can even put a respawn timer on it. Like the higher quality the ore the longer it takes to respawn. Like copper ore takes one game time day and then iron can take two or three game days and so on and so on. Just my thoughts.

I know the game is mainly focused on single player or small group play but alot of players like myself enjoy gathering materials in great numbers and stashing them away for later use.

I completely disagree. What would be the point of going to another world if ores just re spawned after so much time? I’ve collected so much copper from the 2nd world that I won’t need any more for a considerable amount of time. All you need to do is just dig around for it.

Think I’ve visited 6 worlds right now with 3 containing only copper ore as the main resource. Can’t imagine I’d mine that much copper it would run out any time.

Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Marsh2907

Gaming is fun
    Gaming for life
    Gaming is everything

Marsh2907 (2016)

krool
    Participant

Hey there, I’d think an upgrade of the AI would be great; seeing the pattern of most monsters are non-navigational/non-influencial.
    Navigational and influencial movement would be amazing for monsters, example would make the Orc guys stay in groups and usually around some place worth being, such as a ruined small hut/tower/cloister.
    —-

The monster “forward march/Attack animation when in range” doesnt posess much a threat outdoors when all you need to do against the melee monsters is quickly place a 3×1 dirt collum/dig a 3×3 hole to disable their attacks from triggering and instead making them go into their “idle-animation”
    —-

letting the AI jump would be a drastic improvement aswell.
    —-

On a side note this is my first post, This game is early out I’m eager to see how it will evolve!

TheGentleWhiteWolf
    Participant

I highly encourage an upgrade of the AI. When fighting monsters, every monster (expect bosses) has basically the same fighting style. My character can attack for 5-7 counts before the monster attacks, making it extremely predictable to dodge, and then it just kinda walks around or stands still. The ice mage monster (Kobosomethingorother I can’t remember) has the ability to shield itself with ice once their health reaches half way or below and that makes it kind of interesting, however their spell attacks are basic and predictable just like the rest. Same with the golems; they have some nice attacks but they’re all predictable. I feel like different monsters should have different combat strategies and higher leveled monsters should have more of a randomized attack so that it’s harder to fight against.

sheeblack
    Participant

An enchanting Table to improve stats on a weapon/armor. A gambling Station to get New stats on a armor/weapon. An extractor to take stats from one piece to another

MorderNo
    Participant

Hello !

I’m Belgian speaking french so sorry if there are few mistakes !

So, I find the auto-targeting system annoying as fuck… We can’t aim. Just pls let us disable it and aim ourselves with the mouse … (I dont know if it’s on all class or just on Ranger). But since it’s a PC game and you usually play with a mouse you don’t need something like that …

I presume some people like it so I don’t ask to remove it but just a switch button where we can toggle it off…

Hope devs ll see this… It annoy me a lot, like I could stop the game just for that !

See you :3

HoangT
    Participant

I agree. Give us feature for manual aiming as an option, and if that’s not possible at least give us an option to remove the black boarders.. its annoying..

The night brims with defiled scum, and is permeated by their rotten stench. Just think, now you're set to hunt and kill to your heart's content.

Spineshank
    Participant

I’m pretty sure they will eventually do this, I think the majority of people would rather not have the targeting system than have it.

Ah Ha

kah600
    Participant

I agree too.

Masuto
    Participant

I agree too.

MorderNo
    Participant

Up, need a dev to reply

PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

Please refrain from swearing. We want to encourage a friendly community atmosphere here! Thanks.

kah600
    Participant

I’m starting to play ‘portal knights’ now and I really love it. However I would like to make some suggestions:

1-It’s really boring to travel with the other players all the time. I think would be much better if we are able to travel alone.

2-An easier way to trade items without the need of a chest, like just dropping.

3-Not necessary but very cool would be talk to other players. I will like to have a chat in game.

4-At least for me it was difficult to locate other players sometimes. I think amazing the possibility of have a map of the area (fixed on screen, with low opacity). Landmarks and other players can be displayed on the map (such as a friends and mission’s radar).

5-Considering the gameplay in groups, I believe that the distribution of experience and items could be reviewed. When a group kills an enemy the XP should be distributed among all.

6-Additionally as a “luxury item” I love the possibility of ‘pull’ other players close to myself. During an exploration it’s possible that I have a very difficult enemy and I want to summon my friends.

This is all folks! Congrats for this game, it’s wonderfull!

kah600
    Participant

It is not the first time that this suggestion will be given, probably, but let’s go:

1-It’s annoying when items in the inventory leave empty spaces. I would like a button to “auto arrange” my items.

2-The position of the target (aim) is fixed and so low! It’s inside my head! When I use the wizard hats (yeah, I’m a cute mage) the target is on the hat. Please make a flexible aim and let me choose my prefered location. (I’m sending 2 prints attached about this problem).

3-Please, please, give us a feature to disable Auto-Aim! 🙂

This is all… Congrats for this game, it’s wonderfull and sorry for my bad english.

Attachments:
    Elventin
    Participant

id like see locl co-op
    and controller support plese be nice play with a frined and be able to share a
    screen and be able to play on same pc like other game 🙂 thx

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Elventin.
    Masuto
    Participant

I like the idea of local Co-op!

Basic
    Participant

While playing the game I encountered somewhat of an annoyance:
    1. You can’t jump when IN combat mode
    2. When OUT OF combat mode you can’t roll to dodge projectiles

So as the title states it would be nice to treat the roll and jump buttons as 2 different keys. Also by doing so, allowing jumping in combat– which would help with hitting flying enemies with a sword.

Blacksun
    Participant

i agreed

ektros
    Participant

Hello
    I want to congratulate the team for this very promising play.
    I would not mind some sort of weapon and armor . as for Albion online .
    biomes should be greater, the larger and more strategic dungeons.
    to attribute the experience points automatically.
    are specialize avatar tank or DPS or heal .
    have a city or village to see other players and recover the quests , trade ( in skysaga ) .
    have a shield and one-handed weapons for tanking .
    In conclusion, be goupe a warrior or archer did not matter. the class are not complementary .
    heal a fourth class would be welcome .
    thank you very much for sharing your world.
    cordially

Shader
    Participant

Hi I did not read all of the topics but I thought I write what’s in my mind.

first of all it’s a great game with a big potential. A lot of cool created worlds, nice monsters, detailed dungeons and all that stuff 😀

But there are some points I think they could be better or different.

1. Fighting: I dislike that focus fighting. I preffer more a aiming and fight your own way system. (I was fighting agains a flying eye and I couldn’t hit it as melee)

2. Finding Friends: We are at least up to 5-6 players who got this game and its hard to find the game of friends. Like player1 cant find player2 but player3 could and then p3 and p2 find p1 but p1 and p3 cant find p2 etc.

3. Chests and sorting: I’d like to see a different version. Like when i’m openig a chest I would like to see my bag on one side and chest on other side for example. It will make the sorting a lot easier.
    Also I would like to pick up 1 item out of a stack instead of the whole stack.

4. Looting: In a party it would be cool that every player got his own loot. E.g. from bosses or other mobs.

That I think are my main oppinions 🙂
    I still played till Lvl 20 on my mage I didn’t find everything, but I would also like to see bigger worlds maybe a bigger save world for building and farming etc.

kah600
    Participant

I agree. 🙂 we need this: “3. Chests and sorting: I’d like to see a different version. Like when i’m openig a chest I would like to see my bag on one side and chest on other side for example. It will make the sorting a lot easier.
    ***** Also I would like to pick up 1 item out of a stack instead of the whole stack.**** ” 🙂

MR_zombie
    Participant

HI will you guys add more boss in the future ?? :3

TheGentleWhiteWolf
    Participant

Currently, the only bosses in Portal Knights is the world bosses (at least to my knowledge). In order to make dungeons more rewarding and worthwhile, bosses could be added at the end of each dungeon. Not bosses as powerful as world bosses, but bosses that give the players a hard time and require skill and strategy to defeat. Dungeon bosses should also scale health/damage with the amount of players fighting it. Finally, when defeated, the dungeon boss should drop some kind of special/epic loot/recipe and a massive exp gain.

A Few Dungeon bosses could be monsters like:

– Skeleton King (The Fallen King) that’s surrounded by other fallen soldiers and mages
    – Slime Mother who keeps spawning more slimes
    – Turtle Boss that when he spins, rebounds off of walls/pillars

Spineshank
    Participant

Agreed, i’m pretty sure they said they would make more bosses, perhaps mini bosses in between the level 10 20 30 bosses.

Ah Ha

Icharaxx
    Participant

The current system is rather bland. Each upgrade of the altar lets you craft a new staff/wand with one new element, however there is no option to upgrade the older elements, making them obsolete. So here is my suggestion:

– Add elemental gems. They can be combined with a staff or wand to change their element to the one that the gem has.
    – Add new elemental gem(s) with each altar upgrade:
    Altar I -> Electrical Gem (crafted from Electro Quartz Dust)
    Altar I -> Nature Gem (crafted from Verdant Emerald Dust)
    Altar II -> Frost Gem (crafted from Frost Sapphire Dust)
    Altar II -> Fire Gem (crafted from Fire Ruby Dust)
    Altar III -> Light Gem (crafted from Angel’s Diamond Dust)
    Altar IV -> Astral Gem (crafted from Cosmic Opal Dust)

– Allow elemental gems to be swapped on the fly. Replacing the old gem puts it back into your inventory. This is a more convenient solution.
    OR
    – Allow elemental gems to be swapped on the fly. Replacing the old gem destroys it. This means content of all levels will be farmed to keep a steady supply of elemental gems.

– Staff and wand crafting should stay the same.
    OR
    – Crafting a staff or wand creates an empty vessel. It has no element to it until it is charged by an elemental gem.

This system will allow for a greater variety of element based weaponry, and will make use of materials that otherwise would be obsolete by end game

Blacksun
    Participant

Hi
    For this topic i will talk about my idea on the Island/home, Crafting and Skin.

Island
    For the island, it will be good to have one Persistent island (your home island) so when you create something you don’t lose it.
    Add the possibility for
    -Creating from the start your own island the way you want it. Sometime you past more time in destruction of block than building what you want.
    -Can change the place for the TP or the TP could be the only thing when you start your island so you can build the way you want around it.
    -Can add portal or change the place for portal only on your own island so you can connect your island where you want (also for the look of having portal)
    -When you create your island you can choose the type or the island (volcano or mushroom)
    -Add block for water so we can create river on fountain or lake.
    -Add ladder (one block) so when you just want to go higher without build a huge stair you can.
    -The spawning of mob can be block on your island or at least in building.
    -Or Possibility to craft one thing who block spawning

For other island having NPC and village/city where you can not destroy or if can be attack by NPC. It will help the immersion of the game and its life.
    Can add Quest related to NPC and the city. (ex: mayor ask for block of gold so after you finish the quest a new building appears in the city or the mayor home have a new roof)

Crafting

The crafting is good for now but to prevent lose of interest some change can be good.

-Change the progression of the material, its to linear and also each new kind just cost more and more. So reduce the number of one material need and add more low level material in exchange. Ex Gold hatchet: need wood+iron+gold or a mage cloth can need 2 or 3 kind or gem + silk and cotton.
    -Add the possibility to drop item and to dismantle them for material (lower number than the crafting).
    -Add the possibility too create new recipe whit mix of ingredient. (take a cloth and add plant from volcano world and its add fire protection)
    -The plant are not really use from now and that will help them.
    -When you go in the crafting change the presentation so you can see by altar/forge/etc
    at the end of the game you have so much recipe that its long to found what you want.

Armour and Skin
    In a game like this the customization of you avatar particularly the skin of armour is important.
    When you are at the end you don’t use the old recipe from armour. So you could add the possibility that you can upgrade the armour whit the statistic and the armour itself is purely graphic. Ex: you have the cultist armour and you use a recipe from the titanium armour on it so he obtain the statistic of the titanium armour but the skin of the cultist. Or you can make two equipment field, one is the look and one is the statistic. so you equip the cultist amour in the look field and the titanium armour in the statistic.

For the chest a lot of people ask for more space its a good idea but you can also just augment the quantity of the stack. Ex the cooper have only 64 in is stack so put it to 400 like ground and same for other material. Its will help for the crafting without changing the chest.
    The chest need also more different skin and not just change of colour.
    Reduce a little the weight of the altar/forge item its really too big.

When you are in chest, make the view of both chest and inventory in the same time so its will be more easiest to switch from one to another.

gaulo
    Participant

Bonjour,
    Après plus de 40 heur de jeu, le lvl 25 atteins, toutes les îles débloqué, les 3 boss tué et quelque construction à mon actif (photo que je vais envoyer via FB)
    Je vous fait un listing des idées qui me son passé par la tête et qui améliorais/enrichirais le jeu. (idée en vrac)

-Des trophée sur les boss, comme du stuff ou des loot qui décorerai notre maison (une tête, une arme, une couronne, quelque chose qui permet de se la frimé devant ses potes)

-de l’eau, car bon, c’est plutôt utile pour la création et décoration

-Des animaux, pour faire des fermes, de l’agriculture, ou encore des animaux de compagnie qui peuvent aidée pour la chasse

-ajouté un donjon avant les boss pour augmenté la difficulté, sur tous si il faud se faire chier a le trouver dedans

-donné un vrais utilité au outil, je coupe du bois aussi bien avec une pioche que avec une hache

-l’agriculture est beaucoup trop long, j’ai eu le temps de découvrir 10 map que mon blé n’avais pas poussé

-pouvoir personnalisé son stuff au niveau des couleur

-pouvoir mettre des rune ou des enchantement sur notre stuff

-ajouter des moob rare ou des mini bosse sur les map ou a la fin des mini donjon avant le coffre

-possibilité d’être dans plusieurs monde différent en coop (c’est assais reloue de faire tous les monde car un veux du fer et l’autre veux de l’or

-pouvoir modifié la difficulté tu jeu certain joueur aime le chalange

-ajouté une météo, sa fait bisard d’être sur une map neige sens avoir la neige qui tombe de temps en temps

-une système d’échange entre les joueur, le coffre n’est pas tres pratique pour faire sa

– ajout de npc avec du commerce , des quêtes et un système monétaire (pour quoi pas dans un ville qui pourrais être une capital qui aurai survécu au crash du monde)

-possibilité de rendre sa base en sécurité, tous ses monstre, même sur la première map c’est assai chiant de les entendre quand tu veux construire (pour quoi pas avoir le choix de le mettre safe une foi que le joueur est beaucoup plus hl que la map en question)

-des bouclier ou un contre pour les guerrier (celons si il a une épée 1 main ou 2 main ou une hache ou masse)

-la possibilité de courir dans le jeu, se qui peu etre utile contre des gros monstre ^^

-pouvoir divisé les piles pour faire des échange

-une mini carte de l’île actuel

-supprimé se bloque qui couvre 80% de l’écran lors de la pose d’un bloque, c’est joli, réaliste, mais chiant pour construire

-des îles plus grand serrai bien pour de plus grand construction (j’ai eu du mal a faire un château échelle 1/1 et il est pas fini :p )

-augmenter le nombre de joueur en coop à 8 ou 12 (pas trop après c’est le bordel) mais au moins de quoi jouer avec tous nos amis, car moi perso je n’ai pas que 3 amis ^^

– pour quoi pas un système de groupe ou de guilde, (comme faction dans minecraft) si bien sur on peu avoir plus de joueur en coop, sa permettrais de faire la course au loot, a la chute des bosse et de se taper dessus(sans que l’autre groupe ou guilde puisse aller dans notre bas, c’est une zone safe après tous

voila mes quelque idée rapide si vous en voulez plus dite le moi je peu en trouvé à l’infini, j’ai une grande expérience des jeu vidéo et sur tous des rpg et mmorpg (et de minecraft si non je ne comprendrais pas trop se que je ferais sur se jeu ^^)

ps: si pas de réponse dans la semaine je traduirais le texte en anglais

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

Accept this cookie Find out more