Our biggest console update is available now on PS4, XBOX ONE & Nintendo Switch

Dyslexia and font colors

Home Forums Nintendo Switch Discussions Dyslexia and font colors

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Flaeor April 9, 2019 at 2:43 pm.

• Author
    Flaeor
    Participant

I enjoyed playing the demo and wanted to show Portal Knights to my best friend. She has dyslexia and the font face / size / color makes the text extremely difficult for her to read to the point where the game is unplayable. I would love to play Portal Knights with her, but as it stands we cannot. Would you be willing to implement global game options to choose global font face and color? There is an OpenDyslexic font, and for her type of dyslexia, reading white text is the hardest color to read. Any other color contrast is better, like yellow on black. Allowing the user to choose font face and color may expand your player base more than you realize. Please don’t take this personally. This isn’t just a problem with Portal Knights; this problem is a pandemic in video games that’s mostly just an awareness issue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

Accept this cookie Find out more