Can't find a portal. Been searching for over 4 hours.

Home Forums Info on Bug Reporting Can't find a portal. Been searching for over 4 hours.

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Heureka March 23, 2016 at 2:45 pm.

• Author
    Cloaca
    Participant

I’m a level 23 ranger, chillin’ in this one world called Io’s Interior. It has two portals, and is one of the main regions you have to traverse to progress towards the final boss. (It’s a level 24 region.) I found the first portal within seconds. I can’t find the next one to save my life. I’ve searched every inch and corner of the single dungeon, I’ve turned my music down and sound up hoping I could hear it. I’ve dug literally over 4,000 blocks of dirt just looking for the damn thing. I don’t know what to do at this point, and I could use some help. Tips and tricks, ways to skip, anything.

Zait
    Participant

Hi, we have the same problem in the same world.

Do someone have an idea, how to find it?

Cloaca
    Participant

I actually ended up finding it after one of my friends found it in their world. It’s probably in the most misleading place it could possibly be, and this area absolutely needs to be reworked, but this is how I found it:

Turn your music volume off, and turn sound effects all the way on. Get a good feel for how portals sound when you’re close to them, and just walk all the way around the inside wall. You’ll hear it eventually, then just dig to it. Mine was literally completely enclosed in a little cocoon of dirt.

Hope this helps.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Cloaca.
      Spineshank
      Participant

That actually sounds like fun to me, I’ll look forward to that world.

Ah Ha

Cloaca
    Participant

It was fun at first. But spending over half of your playtime searching for one little portal was too draining. I didn’t even feel motivated to play once I found it. The area needs some serious work.

Spineshank
      Participant

Absolutely no offense to you but i really hope the Devs do not change this, I think it is good for some worlds to be hard. I’m tired of games being changed and made to easy because everyone wants to go right through games easily. Again no offense to you, that’s just my opinion and what I would want in a game.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Avatar Spineshank.

Ah Ha

Cloaca
      Participant

I can understand that, and I really do think that the game should be a bit more challenging. The fights only get easier as you progress. However, spending 5+ hours digging looking for a portal isn’t challenging, it’s tedious. It’s just frustrating. I like a difficult game, but this world in particular was just monotonous. For example, how some portals in hell biomes were at the end of a dungeon. Those were fun.

I’m just rambling now. Tl;dr: world was tedious, they should move portal at the very end of the dungeon for a challenge. Maybe include mini-bosses in future updates.

Riddim
    Participant

You have to check two things.

First check your map and see if you are in a dead end. Sometimes the branch splits and you enter in a non portal island.

Second, in my world I found a portal underground with no entrance in Hellbiomes. I was just mining for gold and I saw a different texture block (runic block I guess)

Theres no need for rage quit. Portal should be harder to find.

Good luck mate,

gesangbaer
    Participant

I’m with OP. Difficult to find and tedious are two totally different things. I don’t mind boss fights or having to explore every castle on the island or whatever, but having portals burried in the middle of the dirt with absolutely no indication of where they are is not difficult, it’s cheap. There’s nothing challenging about haveing to level an entire island to find a portal, it’s just annoying.

kaintk
    Participant

anyway the portal should be harder to open, they are too easy and we dont stand in half of the world enough long. they should do something like some quest to do to gain shard portal, not just kill a few mobs , activated the portal and use it like it is now, its too fast;p

Heureka
    Participant

I find it after reading here and lisening for it, was fun but could need a hint in game.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

Accept this cookie Find out more