Update v 0.8.0 is available to download NOW!
February 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm #5040
Portal Knights Update v 0.8.0 is OUT NOW!
Update v 0.8.0, introduces a bunch of improvements, features and bug fixes, including the ALL-NEW timed Spring Festival event and a HUGE rework of the talent tree!
Our latest update also sees the introduction of level and/or class requirements, added support for Thai and Czech and much more!
Portal Knights Update – v 0.8.0
– The Spring Event is available now with lots of new items, enemies and quests.
– A new enemy invasion event has been added.
– The whole talent tree for all three classes has been reworked. Lots of new talents have been added. Talents have visual and sound effects now. All players need to choose their talents anew due to this change.
– Warriors can craft throwing axes now.
– The Arcane Mirror has been added to the game. It allows fast travel between the home island and the last island the player was on.
– Most weapons and armour sets now have level and/or class requirements. Players who don’t fulfill these requirements will not be able to use these items effectively.
– Text-chat has a history now.
– Added support for Thai and Czech.
– Damage types have been reworked. Enemies and equipment will now clearly display their damage type (if they have one). Some damage types have been renamed.
– The order in which Electro Quartz and Flame Ruby appear in the world and in crafting stations has been switched.
– The names of many items and places have been updated. Also, some items have a more detailed description now.
– The quest texts in the HUD have been reworked to reduce visual clutter.
– Area-based quests are only displayed when the player is in the corresponding area now. When there are several quests open, the nearest area determines which quest is displayed.
– Bomb recipes have been moved to the Archery crafting station. Enemies now always drop bombs rather than recipes.
– Throwing weapons are consumed now when being used.
– Backpack space has been increased to 40 slots now. Chests also have more slots now.
– A new redistributable has been added to the installation process. This has been applied in the last couple of days already.
– Loot stays in the islands longer before de-spawning.
– A crash when fighting the bosses has been fixed.
– Plants grow correctly now when the player is in the game but on a different island.
– Several crashes that occurred randomly were fixed.
– Several areas of the game have been tweaked to improve the general performance.
– The tutorial texts refer to the controller buttons correctly now.
– Pets no longer move erratically when the player is idling.
– Monkey priests don’t show the curse when outside of the Tomb of C’Thiris event island anymore.
– Achievements have been fixed.
– The loot log doesn’t show incorrect items anymore.
– Continuously scrolling when opening a menu with a controller should no longer occur.
– Joining friends through the Steam client doesn’t work. Please use the ingame joining menu.
– Joining a host who is quitting the game at the same time can cause an endless black screen for the joining player. Please re-start the game if this has happened.
– It is currently possible to join a friend who is playing with a host player who is not your own friend. The network code has been reworked as preparations for Split-Screen and “Players on different islands”. So new issues may occur due to this.
– Players leaving and joining are currently not mentioned by name in the alert popup.
– Changing the display mode from windowed to fullscreen can take two trials before it works correctly.
February 14, 2017 at 3:55 pm #5041
Awesome thanks a lot good work ! 😀
February 14, 2017 at 4:32 pm #5043
February 14, 2017 at 4:52 pm #5046
Hi! We’re aware of an issue with some of the armor sets. The devs are aware and are working on a hotfix which will be ready very soon! Please stay tuned and in the meantime, reach out to our CS team if you’ve been affected. They’ll help you get your lost items back! > https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form16/index.html
February 14, 2017 at 5:02 pm #5048
Was the issue from the sets with astral ingredient composition ?
February 14, 2017 at 5:54 pm #5050
Hey guys! I had lightning strike spell lvl 4 and now it’s gone and in it’s place is the lightning dread wand. I’d much rather have my costly max lvl spell then this low level wand, anything I can do about that? 🙁
February 14, 2017 at 6:05 pm #5051
At SpencerJDH => you need to go here => https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form16/index.html
PK_CM505 explain it in his message just above.
I was a little bit surprise when exploring Ghost World, i take new fall damage now is that intended ? Can see anything about this in the update.
Also mobs around the portal to go to the Ghost world are lvl 0, i dont know if its intended too.
February 14, 2017 at 7:28 pm #5052
I sent the report! Thank you! Hopefully I hear back soon, lightning zap 4 would be a pain to replace.
So, I know should 44/47 planets discovered instead of 44 but I don’t see any new available planets on the map… is that SUPPOSED to be that way? Or do I need to create a new universe to have 47 instead of 44 planets?
Thanks again all!
February 14, 2017 at 7:39 pm #5053
Yeah, not mentioned in the update notes is the new fall damage. It is not a welcomed change when there is not way to effectively build stairs going down and some of the worlds are so broken up and so many different height levels that fall damage makes it almost impossible to build and explore, especially at lower levels.
February 14, 2017 at 8:22 pm #5054
Hey, yes i have 45/47 with the new event that i just finished (really nice one btw ^^).
But i’m a bit frustrated because i have one island with a “?” on it just underneath the last level call “The Door” but i cant travel to it :(((
Can we please have some clue on what we can do plz ^^ ?
February 14, 2017 at 11:09 pm #5059
With my lightning zap IV gone, I figured I would just try and remake it. So, I got to zap III when I realized I no longer had the plans for it. When I looked at Alter IV spells to craft, lightning III was there now, but IV was gone. SO, I fought the boss until I found those plans again. What does it say when I click the recipe? RECIPE ALREADY UNLOCKED. So, the game recognizes that I have unlocked lightning zap IV, but it isn’t in my crafting menu, and the game removed my copy of it 🙁
Gonna copy paste this as an error report, but anyone else had this issue?
February 14, 2017 at 11:25 pm #5060
Any chance we can make this new Biome accessible after the event? I like it so much, I want to build a home here, but I don’t want it to disappear once the event is over 🙁
February 14, 2017 at 11:41 pm #5061
AT ISEGaming => You can actually build safely in the 3th map of the event because it wont disappear after the event. The Emperor told u that too when u did the quest =)
February 15, 2017 at 12:20 am #5062
Overall I think the devs are doing a great job with this game, and I am having a blast playing it. Even so a couple things in this patch griped me a little: level caps and fall damage.
While I understand the logic behind level capping, if I spend the time to collect materials and build and item I should be able to use it. It took me a long time to make a lot of stuff and deck my characters out, and now all of a sudden the level 16 character I was leveling up has no armor.
Additionally, until there is a reliable way to build stairs downwards, fall damage is really tough to deal with.
Again, I love this game, and I understand the logic behind these features, but they left me a little salty when I logged in today.
February 15, 2017 at 11:09 pm #5075
Does anyone know if “Fields of Balance” will stay after the event ends? There’s no little icon on it like the other two spring areas so I’m hoping. I’d love to build there but don’t want to waste resources if it’s going away. Thanks in advance for answering!
February 17, 2017 at 8:48 pm #5086
Dear 505 is it possible to get a recipe for the temple gate and temple door? I don’t mind farming for it but not knowing if I am wasting my time kind of turns me off to the idea.
PS I have killed a lot of dudes.
February 18, 2017 at 7:32 pm #5093
While I agree that having separate weapons types for each class is good in the long run, many warriors used a combination of melee and ranged weapons to be effective. Now you have basically punished warriors by giving only a single ranged weapon type to use, and it’s a consumable at that.. I can understand not having the best weapons not be usable by the other classes, but I think this really went too far. make the crossbow or sling usable by all classes, but make it less effective than the better bows.. Just like anyone can use spells, but they are less effective if you are not a mage simply because you don’t have the mana pool to use them efficiently…
February 21, 2017 at 1:41 pm #5116
csalago: you can use the “forbidden” weapons, it’s just far less effective (and you have an annoying warning message at each shot).
For the positive side, I really enjoyed the effort on the narration and the quest line for this spring event. The game really goes further in a good direction with each version, I hope you will continue this way until the release (with some elements of narration to embark the player in a real quest, rather than crossing shards and killing monsters because… well, that’s just what we have to do) 🙂
Spirit is All in Nothing.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.