Questions?

PS4 & XBOX ONE – General Portal Knights chatter!

Questions?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Sebachile7 February 17, 2017 at 2:32 am.

• Author
    PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

Got a Portal Knights question? Leave them in the comments below and we’ll answer as many as we can real soon!

MithicGaming
    Participant

Are there any plans to include more variations of wood/stone/other building materials in the future? I’d love to travel to specific islands to get specific materials for building.

Thanks for being awesome and giving us such a great experience in Portal Knights. I’m working on a creation right now that I’m excited to share in the near future.

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

Time will tell… 😉

Ghostlierroom06
    Participant

Will you continue advancing the story in any way? Will the gate ever be useable?

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

You’ll have to wait and see, won’t you! 😉

Feranir
    Participant

Hello! I write through translator) will be in the game for separate routing portals? That I could do a craft, and his friends at this point to be in the portal. uncomfortable when all the moves to another location

Sir_IZBAK_1st
    Participant

Do you plan some mod support in the future?
    (edit- oops, i’m not in the PC section. But it’s also interesting for console players)

Spirit is All in Nothing.

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

Hi – Right now, we don’t plan to introduce mods to PK.

PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

Thanks for your questions so far! Keep them coming and we’ll answer as many as we can real soon!

Choras_Den
    Participant

Hi there folks, i have some questions, i hope i don’t overwhelm you.

1) Will PK be available for preorder from Amazon?
    2) PK is 15$ on PC, is that the same price point for console?
    One of 505’s other sandbox games charges twice as much on console than steam.
    3) Is there any plans on a loyalty discount for people who already purchased the game on PC?
    One of your competitors knocked a % off their price for people who had already purchased their product for 6 months
    after console launch.
    4) Will this game have dedicated servers or is it p2p still?
    5) Will the player limit still be 4 players?
    6) Will the updates for all 3 platforms hit simultaneously or trickle down months after PC receives it?
    7) Will world generating, render distance, etc… be the same as on console as it is on pc?

thanks for addressing these.

Ghostlierroom06
      Participant

The physical copy will retail for $29.99 via gamestop

Choras_Den
      Participant

yeahhhhh but GS isn’t a reliable source, they do a lot of space fillers until details are given. But seeing as Terraria was 15 on pc and 30 on console (another 505 game), i dont doubt it. I just hope they sell them on amazon, prime members get 20% off all preorders.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Choras_Den.

Ghostlierroom06
      Participant

I had to call them to get rhat pricing, its not online yet but i plan on getting digital i only got the pricing for an info video I did

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

See answers below…

Hi there folks, i have some questions, i hope i don’t overwhelm you.

1) Will PK be available for preorder from Amazon?
      YES! 🙂 You can pre-order Portal Knights from Amazon now!

2) PK is 15$ on PC, is that the same price point for console?
      No, it won’t be. $15 is our Early Access price, and this will increase once we launch. This is due to the sheer amount of new features and additional content that have been added.

3) Is there any plans on a loyalty discount for people who already purchased the game on PC?
      Unfortunately not! 🙁 We’re unable to offer a discount for people who purchased the game on PC. We will however, be giving those who joined us during Early Access some bonus items. Stay tuned for more info.

4) Will this game have dedicated servers or is it p2p still?
      We do not have plans for dedicated servers for PK.

5) Will the player limit still be 4 players?
      We have no plans to increase the player limit above 4 players.

6) Will the updates for all 3 platforms hit simultaneously or trickle down months after PC receives it?
      In an ideal world, updates will come out at the same time across all 3 platforms. We’re going to sync our updates the best we can, be rest assured!

7) Will world generating, render distance, etc… be the same as on console as it is on pc?
      The team are currently in the optimization phases of the console edition. Stay tuned for more info!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by PK_CM505 PK_CM505.

math368
    Participant

Then I would like additions to a tree of talents one for each class passive skill and active spells specific to each class plus weapons more island than one can swim in the water more monster different from the new biome: cave beach sea mountain forest Sky cloud desert savannah. Addition of mount,
    Make the
    Pet with the possibility attacked to have stats of competence and an interventaire who could go to sell all the object that one does not see has a salesman of the dungeon with mini bosses of the biggest dungeon to solve to pass some door.

bullyx22
    Participant

How many players online?

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

Hi there! 4 players online.

Scene00
    Participant

Hi! I was wondering if there are any plans to change/tweak the amount of ore/gems it takes to refine into ingots, dust etc. as well as the amount it takes to craft certain things? In my experience it can take a lot of time to travel around worlds, find ores and mine enough of them to craft items.

Also, are you planning on tweaking the general difficulty of the game or are you happy with the difficulty the game currently has?
    Thanks!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Scene00.

bullyx22
    Participant

Is this dead already?

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

I’m sorry?

Choras_Den
      Participant

i have a feeling he is referring to the lack of activity in the forums as “Dead”

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Choras_Den.
      PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

Many of our players use the Steam forums right to have discussions, which is totally understandable.

Choras_Den
    Participant

hey PKCM505… will you be addressing any of these questions soon? =)

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

Right now! 😉

SlvrYeti
    Participant

PK_CM505, your reply to Choras_Den’s third question was “… however, be giving those who joined us during Early Access some bonus items. Stay tuned for more info.”.

Will these items be exclusive to the Steam version or can they be unlocked on the console versions after launch?

For example, if I get the PS4 copy on April 28th will my Pioneer Cape and Flag be available or is this exclusive to the Steam copy?

Thanks.

Choras_Den
      Participant

thats a good question. The loyalty bonus items, are they for pc only or will console be able to reap the rewards too.

PennilessImp749
    Participant

I want to purchase Portal Knights on the XBOX ONE.
    All the games I own are digital.

When can I preorder Portal Knights digitally from then XBOX STORE?

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

We don’t have an exact date right now but stay tuned! We’ll let you know as soon as you can.

Sebachile7
    Participant

Hi, will this game have trophies on ps4 and if it does, will it have a Platinum trophy?

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

It certainly will and yes, there will be a platinum trophy!

SlvrYeti
    Participant

Hi, will this game have trophies on ps4 and if it does, will it have a Platinum trophy?

I believe it is a requirement of Sony for any/every game to have trophies on PS4 🙂

Will it have a platinum is a good question.

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

Yes – There will be a platinum trophy 🙂

soran
    Participant

this game steam and ps4 crossgame play? i have steam. i can PS4 friend multiplay?

PK_CM505
      PK_CM505
      Keymaster

Hi – Unfortunately not.

Sebachile7
    Participant

Hello again, Will there be an early access on PS4? Or we will have to wait until the game launches on March?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.