Memory leak

PC FORUM – Portal Knights Discussion

Memory leak

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by PK_CM505 PK_CM505 March 22, 2017 at 5:05 pm.

• Author

WABBLE
    Participant

Will something be done with the memory leak issue the game has in the near future?

Excuse my frustration, just lost like 20 titanium bars to a crash.

Goldenrevolver
    Participant

how did u lose 20 titanium bars to a crash? did you farm 400 titanium ore in under 5 minutes?

WABBLE
    Participant

Dude I farmed for several hours, put it all in a chest then took it out to smelt and shortly after game crashed. Bars were gone, not in inventory or in chest.

Goldenrevolver
    Participant

thats weird as the game autosaves character and world at the same time so maybe it crashed during the saving process. anyways yes thats quite annoying but i must say… i have 121 hours and not a single crash during gameplay. i do crash quite often when loading into a universe but never during gameplay. well if it is a memory leak then its my pc being good enough to not give a damn about it

edit: also contact support about maybe getting your items back. theyve been quite helpful with these progress loss issues. just send a ticket in that category and youll get an answer in a few days. best of luck with that

WABBLE
    Participant

The memory leak should be looked into. Taking a glance in the steam community shows it to be quite common. But pc is not the problem, my system specs far exceeds the recommended. Memory is 16gb ddr3.

I don’t really mind the loss of materials, just want to play without the possibility of losing hours spent on gathering. This has occurred twice so far in my 36 hours.

PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

Hi – Sorry to hear you’re experiencing problems. Please can you reach out to our support team? New issues can be reported here:
    https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form16/index.html

Please can you ensure you attach a DxDiag report and your portal_knights.log to your form.

DxDiag.txt files can be easily created by pressing [Win]+[R], typing “dxdiag” in the Run-dialog and pressing [Enter]. Finally click on “Save All Information…”

In order to find the portal_knights.log you have to navigate to your local game files. Please follow the steps below:
    1. Right-click on Portal Knights in your Steam library
    2. Select “Properties”
    3. Select the “Local Files” tab
    4. Click on the “Browse Local Files” button

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.